Yes here I go with the challenges again! This time another scrap challenge but thought I would mix it up a little …
… I thought a weekly prompt challenge might be another way of getting some scrapping done and hopefully encouraging you all to join in. Now some weeks it might be a sketch, others a theme or a prompt word, sometimes a colour scheme or sometimes a photo prompt!!! Well what do you reckon??
My name for this challenge is Thursday Treasures!!! After all we need to treasure our memories and guess which day of the week I am going to be posting??? Oh yes!! Ha ha!
So this week is week number one … And I thought we could start with a sketch to make life easy and familiar!!!
So what did I do? Well in usual style I didn’t quite follow the sketch completely!! I ended up putting a twist on it a little!
I used some papers that have been in the stash a while which I felt worked with the princess’ outfit in the picture and cut the blue toned paper into strips. I inked each of the pieces on the edge to help give it a subtle definition, before layering them up onto the lilac striped paper. Then I added the Crumb Cake panel, around which I wrapped some bakers twine. To this I added the photo at an angle.
I then decided the stripes needed a little more something! So I took out my stamp-a-ma-jig and the new Language of Love stamps (sneak peek alert) and stamped the little hearts across one of the strips. I then also used the same set of stamps to create the big heart filled with words, and the little pennant flags at the top of the page.
Next up I had a rummage through my stash and found some chipboard stickers I had forgotten about and thought they looked cute with the page, so used them as accents on the pennant flags, to the right of the picture and the button embellishment. I also thought some pearls would finish it off with the title of the page!
Then as I had forgotten journaling (a common thing for me to do) I had to find somewhere to tell the story so added the additional panel of dsp.
Now as the layering of the strips along the bottom didn’t quite go to plan, I had to trim the page a little, and then even it up on the other side… So then ended up adding the page onto the Marina Mist cardstock to bring it back to the right size, hand drawing the stitches to ground it a little. This I decided looked better wonky rather than straight … Hence not completely following the sketch!
Now next thing is for you to join in … Use the sketch to inspire you and let me know how you got on!