Raggy Doll catch up … Becca’s page

It has been a while since I’ve posted a Raggy doll journal page. There is a reason for that … I fell very behind!

Darcy challenged us all to pledge to finish some of our unfinished objects … uFO’s as she calls them … In January. So this is what I did yesterday!

I started with First Edition dsp and gave it a coat of gesso with the brayer. 20140109-174033.jpg

Next up a gelli print using greens and yellows … Done in two stages.
20140109-191503.jpg20140109-191508.jpg

Then I decided to add some spray ink through a stencil but it didn’t really show up. Next I decided to soften it and blend it a bit so another coat of gesso brayered on.

20140109-192115.jpg
This actually showed up some of the ink and so I added a bit more in too.

Now it was time for some stamping.
I took a ledger type stamp and repeat stamped it along the bottom using black paint. This gave it a rough image and was the sort of grounded feel I needed. Next I used the paint tube lid to stamp the circles at the top. These were to look like strange branches and leaves falling down from the forest canopy.

I also added some random text down each side to frame it.

20140109-192525.jpg

Next I took my favourite Darcy designed stamp and stamped that on either side to hang down. Because the texture in the page was quite rough it didn’t stamp very well so I ended up going over it again in pen, and then painted the heart shares with red acrylic to make them pop!

20140109-193231.jpg

Next I wrote out a verse from Midsummer Nights Dream on inked cream cardstock and cut it and affixed it to the page. This I have now realised is wrong with the page as I seem to have transposed the first two lines when sticking them down so will now have to see if I can peel them off and reattach without damaging the page. Boy am I gutted about this! Doh! Anyways … I will share the rest of what I did before I go and try and rescue it!

I searched for a suitable image to use to represent the fabulous play. I decided upon this Octopode image Orla the Fairie Queen and figurerd she would work as Titania if I added some wings. I have the fabulous wings stamp from Sheena Douglass which I decided would work. So I printed Orla … Now renamed as Titania for the purposes of my page … And then used Promarkers to colour her in. It has been a while since I did any such colouring and I have to admit I loved doing it and am really proud of how she turned out!

20140109-194024.jpg

I cut her out and then stamped the wings inMidnight Muse and then coloured them with Promarkers too before cutting them out. I fitted her wings and then added her to the page. The finishing touch was to add some Diamond dazzle stickles to her flowers in her hair … And hey presto Titania in her forest.

20140109-194424.jpg

I adhered the page to a piece of Tea for Two dsp which seemed to work with the page ready to finish off the back with a message for Becca.

So now I just need to work out how to sort out the mess I made of Shakespeare’s verse… What a silly sausage I am!

Hope Becca likes the page as much as I do … I must admit I think it may just be my favourite one yet!

Happy crafting!

Catherine

1 thought on “Raggy Doll catch up … Becca’s page

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.