Bitty Banner framelits, Bitty Banners, Sunflower

Experimenting with the sunflower!

I have wanted the sunflower stamp since I first saw it but it took a while before I managed to get it… And then having got it it took a few months before I used it! Doh! Why exactly I have no idea but hey I suppose it’s the way it goes sometimes!

Anyways eventually I decided to play with it and here is the first experiment

I took some inked paper that had been Dylusions spray ink through a mask and then I stamped the Sunflower by inking it with the Stampin write markers and then spritzing it with water before stamping.


I actually stamped it twice but it really is just as a background.

Then I used the same technique but this time onto white paper… The bottom image was without the water spritzing to give a cleaner image.


Next it was time to start fussy cutting…


And layering…


Adding a bit of colour to the reverse of the top layer…


And remembering to shape the petals as flowers aren’t flat!


Next I decide I want some elements to shine, so embossing pen and clear powder to heat emboss…


At which point I dislike the finished item and can’t work out what to do next… So I grab my embellishment box, find some flowers and a fabric covered brad, then stamp a sentiment, mount it on some zingy yellow card and then onto a card blank. Not 100% happy with this… But sometimes you learn from the mistakes you make, and the final product was ok I think, even if not what I expected when i started!


What I do love however is what I did inside the card and envelope… Next use of the stamp will definitely be for a clean and simple card!


Happy crafting!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s