Once again I am sharing some Art journalling. My friend Rae is running an art journalling fb group and some blog posts about it… Go check it out… www.fairefoxes.blogspot.com
Rae asked for volunteers for sharing their work and I immediately put my hand up and said “yes please miss” … Once a swot, always a swot! That’s me!
So she shared with me the theme for this week ahead of time so I could make my page and send over the photos and how I got on for her. So here it is with my walk through pics and notes.
1. Covered the page with gesso, then added some torn strips of tissue paper. This is a slightly glossy tissue paper I got from Paperchase some time ago… Can’t resist a pretty tissue paper! I use Mod Podge to stick everything down just in case peeps were wondering.
2. Scraped some very page peachy pink acrylic paint over the page. This showed some of the texture off with the little bumps and folds in the tissue paper.
3. Used a baby wipe to take off some of the pink where the flowers were on the tissue paper. Decided I didn’t like the pink so much after all… Change of direction coming up!
4. Added a doily cut up to the two different sides of the page. Then stamped in Stayzon the brick stamps from the Paperartsy Eclectica Darcy stamp set.
5. Decided to create a paper doll girl holding a heart. Sketched her roughly on book print (Charlie and the Chocolate factory is the old book I am currently using for my art work at the moment). Then took a flowery part of the tissue paper and created a dress. Cut the doll so that the dress out fit behind the arms and heart.
6. Meanwhile scraped white acrylic over the page… This got rid of the pink I decided I didn’t like. It also helped blend the layers of stamping and the doilies into the page. I again. Rubbed away some of the paint where the flowers were.
7. Decided that yellow said “cheerfulness” to me. If you google images for the word cheerfulness you get a lot of yellow smileys and daffodils for some reason… So yellow works for me! Also not a colour I would ordinarily plump for so made for a nice change. I graduated the intensity of the colour with more to the right than the left. I started with some bubble wrap printing too… But then ended up covering that up.
Next few steps I forgot to take pictures of! I stamped on some separate paper the big flower from Paperartsy Eclectica Darcy… I LOVE this stamp and use it a lot! I coloured it using Inktense blocks and water to blend and then cut it out and stuck it onto the page.
I stamped a lot of hearts, more of the Paperartsy Eclectica Darcy stamps, this time inking them up with Inktense blocks, spritzing them and then stamping them. I used a mixture of red and orange to get a nice blended watery look. I then cut them out and stuck them down on the right hand side in an overlapping line.
I used Spectrum Noir pencils to add some colour to the girls skin and start her hair off. Then stuck her down.
8. Think this is where I was upto when I took the next photo! Oh hang on… Added some Champagne stickles to the heart in the girls hands.
Time to outline things… The girl and the hearts got some outlining. I added more colour to the girls hair using inktense. This kept some translucence but added more depth. Also added some details using a white pen but it didn’t work that well if I am honest. I kept adding more dark grey inktense with my watery paintbrush around the hearts too as I wanted them to pop a bit more, and for the yellow to look a little more earthy, not as stark.
Finishing touches. Added some bubble wrap printing with the yellow paint. Added more outlining with the Faber Castell Big Brush pen in warm grey. Stamped the quote onto strips using mini alpha peg stamps (DoCrafts ones I think) I outlined each strip with inktense and then stuck it down and added more outline with the Big Brush pen. Added a little more colour to the flowers with an orange Big Brush pen. Then a border of washi tape next to the binding to give it some strength. Done! Loved creating this page… Infact it did make me more cheerful… Jobs a good’un!