Yes I have done another calendar page for Darcy’s challenge. Such a nice way to spend a few hours altering a calendar.
Darcy’s blog explains it very well… Go take a look!
Anyways… As with last month, I have done a bit of a process post… Here’s how it went…
So at this point I have fulfilled all of the challenge … Paint effect using bubble wrap, corrugated card, and some of the original picture exposed…. But I am not 100% happy with the page. I think it needs something else. I give the page a few days to settle and come back to it…
I decide it needs some more hearts, so I grabbed another Darcy stamp… This time the cogs heart, stamped it onto white paper and add colour using the Inktense blocks and some water to blend. I used the same colours as in the page so keep it consistent. I also started adding outlines to everything.
I then added more depth to the outlining and added a bit more ink to the edges of the page. And called it finished!
Now I know the challenge isn’t to alter the calendar part of the calendar, but I did add some details. I stamped off the texture paste from the bubble wrap onto the page. This meant when I brushed ink over these sections, the texture really stood out. I also cut out one of the cog hearts and used it as a mask over the 14th February for valentines. Next I added some washi tape both the strip at the top, and some strips in the bottom left hand corner. Finally added some hearts by stamping the Language of Love stamps in Real red. I think this meant the calendar part blended more with the page of art.