So who would have thought modeling paste would be such fun? It really is adding another dimension to my artwork. And loving being able to join in the challenge over at Paperartsy to use texture/grunge paste.
Just like the last project I shared I made a card, using leftover gelli prints, some stamped images and some texture paste. This one I am sharing and hoping my sister in law doesn’t spot it as its destined for her but not till after the challenge has finished…hence sharing it a little early!
This is similar in composition as the last one in terms of the bookprint and the focal image to the left of centre. This time, I used a different stencil and added some orange paint to the dried texture paste so that the crevices would get the paint, and then used a baby wipe to push the colour off the paste. Unlike the last time, the paste was added over the top of the stamped and paper pieced Darcy Paperartsy flowers (I painted the petals and cut each of them out so they were a solid colour) which adds a slightly different effect. Only slightly disappointed I slightly skewed the quote stamping… Grrrr!
Love the colours I chose and the mount of the green really complements the yellows and oranges of the picture. I finished with a simple sentiment, die cut, the card candi and a twist of string.
Hope you like the sunset bright card and all that scrummy texture!