Circle Journal with Patwits

Posted by

Another circle journal has now started on its journey… And this time I made my journal from scratch.  I am so proud of making it and attempting the Coptic stitch binding too!  

This circle journal has only one rule.  Given it is a group of Paperartsy fans participating, the rule is to use something Paperartsy on each page. Not too difficult! 

Here is my front cover…

Not only are the obvious flowers Paperartsy (Darcy of course had to feature on my front page), but the grunge paste through a Paperartsy stencil, and some of the background stamps are very old Paperartsy ones.  Background is a mix of paint, distress ink and dylusions, flowers are mainly pro markers, Ink is archival in the main.  Also some stamping of Dictionary from SU and the main title is an Andy Skinner stamp.

Inside front cover… 

I wanted an explanation at the beginning of the journal that it was a circle journal and came up with this sentiment, stamped and handwritten in a mix of styles.  Thought the Darcy houses and birds fitted as the images.  Background was paint and some random background stamping elements.   Houses were colour ex with spectrum noir pencils.

The opposite page…

On this page I wanted to reference the artists in the group, but also wanted to play with some new stamps!  Firstly some Artemio stamps are the branches and leaves. Boy that was a work of patience as once I had  stamped them onto the page I wanted to add colour so then stamped 36 of the leaves into some green painted paper and cut each out and stuck on individually.  It took a while but I think worth it.  I also used the lovebirds Jofy stamp for the little birds and made each a little different, but using the same colour said from across the two pages. 

The little circles and the blue paint circles are also new stamps (Ellen Vargo, Paperartsy). I chose these as imagine they are going to be very versatile background stamps. 

Finally I added the names and the no rules part by doing some vertical stamping and adding them as little hanging banners from the branches.  Thought it gave a nice change to the text pieces.

So these were the pages pre binding, i will save the Coptic stitch info for another blog post.

Happy crafting! 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.