My Paperartsy challenge journal

My friend Darcy showed her Paperartsy challenge journal on her blog a few weeks ago where she had participated in all the challenges during the year. I thought it was great idea and so started mine for this year a few weeks ago.  The first topic of the year was transparent and I made a pin box for the blog.  I decided to use that as the basis for the first page in the book.


I started with brayering Haystack and Guacamole over the page.


Next I added some stamping and edged it in Baltic Blue.  I love the button stamp in the set of Ink and the Dog stamps for adding a delicate pattern in places.


Next I grabbed some of the denim material left from the original project and a square of canvas which I painted in Haystack and edged and distressed with the other paints.


I then did the stamped image of the girls onto acetate using Stayzon.  I then used my sewing machine to add the stitching elements and to fix the acetate down.


Next time to add some embellishments… buttons and twine first.


Then the sentiment and the flower trim.  I coloured the trim with distress stains and some of the paint.



Finally I added at the bottom the theme and month/year I’m my handwriting.

Love how this came out and the techniques I had used on the pin box transferred to the journal page.

Happy crafting!


2 thoughts on “My Paperartsy challenge journal

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.