A couple of nights ago in the midst of the new Paperartsy releases Leandra (the Paperartsy head honcho) did a periscope (a live video broadcast) where she showed how to do the block out method… I must admit as much as I love the effects of what people have done using this in journal spreads I have never tried it myself… but watching Leandra do it made me brave to try it on a tag!
Here is my process…
Pink and purple paint blended onto tag.
Also added some pale blue.
Stencilling with paint and script stamping.
More stamping. Now to add the main feature … I chose to make a flower from Darcy stamps…
First the stem and some leaves… then I wanted a heart based flower… but forgot to take a picture at this stage … so instead the next picture is once I had blocked out the background…
So this is where I got to… and I learnt…
1. deco art crafters acrylic are NOT opaque. I need more fresco finish paints.
2. Using more of a contrast for the blocking out would work better for the flower to pop.
3. My painting isn’t very neat so I need to be more careful to not go over the lines of the image as much.
4. Being brave and trying new things is fun.
So this is another entry for the Paperartsy challenge which to be honest is going to play second fiddle at the moment on the blog due to all the new fab stamps, stencils and paints they are releasing this week. But remember it is still all about hearts.
So after some Facebook chat with the lovely Darcy I have gone back to the tag today and now super happy with how it looks. Thanks also to Leandra for the comment last night. 💜
so I used blue mixed with white to block out the background. Then went over the line art with a black permanent pen and added some shading with Pitt pens. Then I added the doodled border and some white dots with the white paint pen and then stamped the sentiment. Finally a bit of glitter never goes amiss… so some purple stickles.
Thanks for the help Darcy… love how it finished off.