Another page in my Paperartsy challenge journal to share with you. The challenge topic was Image Transfer and I had often struggled with this using lots of different techniques.
I decided to use gel medium to add a digital image to my page for this. So I started with some paint…
Cheesecake and Bora Bora fresco finish paints smeared and dry brushed. The paper got a little over wet and so it bobbled quite a bit.
Next I added some brusho I was wiping up off the mat from another project. Plus I flicked some watered down pearlescent paint which adds a little bit of shine.
I used an image called Wise Dragon from Fabrika Fantasy printed with my ink jet printer. I added gel medium and then laid the picture face down and rubbed it to make sure it was all adhered and left it to dry for a few hours.
Then I sprayed it with water and started rubbing…
Rubbing away the wet paper removes the paper but leaves the image. The key is to not rub too hard otherwise the image also comes off… guess who rubbed a little too hard in places?
So as it disappeared in places I decided to add some colour loosely and then drew some lines over the top to re outline the dragon.
Not a neat job that’s for certain but it’s a start and it is an image transfer. Don’t think that I am in love with this technique so unlikely to use it often.
So time to finish the page… tore some book paper and added it to the page with matt medium. I added some over the image where I wanted to cover the little gnomes.
I added some gesso using a card to scrape it this blended in the book print a little more. I also added some black paint lines using the edge of the card.
Time to finish. I edged it in black paint and added the letter stencilling down the left hand side. I then stamped the title using different alpha and used a stencil to create the word proof which I then painted.
So here is the page in full… added the theme and date at the bottom.
Next theme is art dolls… not sure that is good for the Art journal so may have to give this theme a miss in the journal.