The challenge over at the Paperartsy blog is monoprinting and so it was time to get the gelli plate out again. This time I used the plate for another project first and then was left with all these bits and pieces on the desk ready for using in my journal.
So time to make a page…
Torn up gelli prints make fabulous background papers. Now time to add a bit more colour.
This was just wiping a bit of paint around the areas not covered with the gelli prints. Now for my focus. Well I’ve wanted to use the elephant stencil for a while in my journal so I decided to have a go at adding a print direct to my page using it… It wasn’t wasn’t a great success mainly because my journal is far from flat! So ended up using the stencil in a more traditional manner instead.
I also added some numbers because I had a new stencil I NEEDED to use.
Time to use some more leftover prints… This time the starting prints which I was using to do the elephant print. I stamped the big flower head from Darcy’s paperartsy stamps.
I then added these to the page and coloured the stems with acrylic ink, white gesso and then went over the line art with Indian ink.
I also re-added the stencil and added the lines around the shapes again with the Indian ink and a liner paintbrush. I then added the wavy stems in the background with the Indian and green acrylic ink.
Another gelli print and another Darcy stamp and lots of the alien flower heads cut out!
Time to add the flowers and finish with some outlining. No title for this weird and wonderful jungle scene but very happy with how I used the monoprinting theme for this page in my challenge journal. And I’ve got the bug for gelli printing again! Horrah!