Canvas and Mixed Media art, Designer Series Paper, Dictionary, Dylusions spray inks, fresco finish paints, Paperartsy

Build a tag … a mini marvel project 

I’m participating in a project through my mini marvels Facebook group. Each week we are given an instruction and we need to spend less than 10 mins on doing that on the tag… or whatever substrate you want to work on.

Here is my tag and the progress pics…

Weeks 1 and 2 saw me adding gesso, then some Midnight (with a brayer and a stamp) and Amethyst fresco finish paint. I also added to scribbles in the paint with the end of my brush to add pattern. 

Week three had me adding texture paste through a stencil (I then added some Infusions over it too whilst the texture paste was drying).  The week four instruction was to collage onto the tag. I chose some papers and scrapbook stickers that happened to be on the desk at the time and worked well with the colours.

Now at week 3 I decided to do a second tag too as a comparison! (Yes one challenge was not enough for me!)

I only have pics of it from weeks 3 and 4 but promise I followed the instructions the same for weeks 1 and 2.

Week 5 was a simple instruction… add a layer of translucent paint…. so I did all over both!

To this I added a purple deco arts fluid acrylic.

And for the blue I grabbed the south Pacific Paperartsy fresco finish paint which is a translucent finish.  

Next week the instruction was to add or drip ink or paint.

For the purple tag I added Dylusions white spray ink and the blue tag I added green acrylic ink. Like both of them although drips are not usually my thing. But like that this challenge is challenging me to do something different.

Next instruction is to add some more stencilling. 

I chose copper paint for the purple one and a very pale blue for the blue/green one.

Then the instruction came to add clear gesso. Problem # 1 is I don’t own clear gesso. So used Matt medium instead. Problem # 2 is white Dylusions ink did not stay put and so ended up with smears all over the tag and dulled down the copper stencilling. Grrrrrr! Ah well, sure it will be fine with another layer of something or other on top!

The next week’s instruction is to add stamping so I can try and rescue that Dylusions mess! 

I added stamping to both projects using black gesso. 

And I am really happy with how this looked. It also distracts from the streaky white Dylusions on the purple one. 

I must admit I couldn’t resist edging the tags too. It just felt like the time to start doing that. 

Week 10 saw us adding a focal image… I had a hunt through my box of tricks and found two things that called to me to be used; a butterfly die cut I received in a swap and an image I’ve had in the stash for so long I have no idea where I got it! Of course I forgot to take photos at this point. The following week the instruction was to add doodles.

And then today the final instruction was posted…. add a word from a book or magazine! 

So my tags are now finished…

Love how they both came out and glad I’ve kept the instructions on layers to remind me for other future projects.

Thanks Chris for organising this fab challenge. 

Happy crafting !

Catherine 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s