For the next few days I will be sharing the houses I made for my raggy doll sisters and their Christmas cards!
One of the girls, Lynn, had a massive wooden stamp changeover. She took a large selection of Stampin Up wood mounted stamps and removed them from their wooden blocks so she could store more of them in the same space… as a result ended up with many wooden blocks that needed repurpossing!
We came up with the idea of turning them into little houses and next thing we knew we all had blocks sent to us for us to make Christmas houses for each other as Christmas presents.
So this is the first post sharing what I did with the wooden blocks.
I gessoed and then stuck together blocks using a hot glue gun into ‘house’ configurations. Then painted all of them with the same combination of paints and with some book print onto some sides too.
This house was the first I finished and is closest to the Base painting that I did. For the roof on this one I got some sturdy card and used hi tack glue to secure it and then used some paperclay to fill in the gap underneath. Once this was dry I added more gesso and then a layer of glass beads gel and sprinkled it with Glitter whilst it was still wet.
I drew the windows and doors and doodled on the house a little with white paint pen too.
I thought it needed something else so I added the painted hessian star to the top to finish off!
It was as this had been finished that I then decided to make a card for each of the recipients to match their house. I can’t tell you whose this is as the house and card are wrapped up ready for opening on Christmas day!
So for this one I took the same paint colours and made a background using some of the techniques from the Seth Apter day I went on in September. I used snowflake stamps and the sentiment from a magazine set and the stars were done using a stencil.
The bottom piece was created from the palette I used to create the background layer and the above picture is when I was waiting for the glass beads gel to dry.
Once the glass beads gel was dry I added more doodles and then the bottom piece on top with some foam pads to give some more dimension.
Love how this came together and looks so good with the little house to match too!