Tonight I’ve got some of my friends popping over to craft and we are going to create a masterboard and then use it to make some christmas cards. So one piece of white cardstock makes backgrounds for six cards, each finished off differently. In total I used 5 a4 sheets of white card stock and then paints, stamps, stencils and die cuts… and all just in a couple of hours… or at least that’s the plan!
Here was my masterboard for the samples…
Lots of lovely fresco finish paints!
And this is how I cut it to make a One sheet Wonder type of thing…
Once I had cut it I decided on how to put them onto the card blanks I had made.
Then I set to on decorating each of them.
1. I used the Card Builder dies from Stampin Up and added shimmer using my Wink of Stella pen.
2. Ornaments from Carols of Christmas heat embossed in white embossing powder on the small panel.
3. Die cuts from Tim Holtz and tag from Santa Builder die set.
4. First edition die cut trim and embossed the Carols of Christmas sentiment in blue.
5. Stamped and die cut the tree on a scrap piece I had used to add paint to the masterboard and then heat embossed it. Punched out and added to a stitched shape die cut.
6. First edition die cut wreath.
Love these arty cards. So much fun to make the masterboard and easy to finish them off!
Wonder how everyone tonight will get on. I love that every masterboard will be different and so they will no doubt make some different decisions.