So just before christmas I shared some canvases that I made using the instructions that my friend Chris provided. I decided to also make a journal page based on the instructions.
I started with a page thay had some wiped off ink and stencilling on it in my Dylusions journal.
Then I added a layer of lime green decoarts paint, then the stencilling of modelling paste and then some strips of book print. I know this picture looks yellow but in real life the colour is more green.
Next step was to add analogous colours….
I added some Haystack and Butternut fresco finish paints through a stencil and with a sponge. I then added plenty of splashes and flicks or paint.
Now time for the contrast colour. This was to be a contrast to that original colour of the lime green and to be used sparingly in at least three places. So I chose a bright blue… I know probably purple would have been a more accurate contrast but I thought this was probably good enough. Of course at this point I felt the end was in sight and forgot to take pics!
So I chose to add the bright blue with the credit card to create some patches and then also added it over the texture as a very light layer. This showed the texture up more.
The next instruction was to add a feature image and the final one words and finishing touches! So I guess now I reveal the final page…
So the image was from a magazine I added some shading using Inktense pencils, some pen doodling and painted in the glasses to add more blue to the page. I also added a little red stamping and some red paint to the texture to add some more balance. I chose some Tim Holtz stickers and some words cut from magazines for the page too.
I added doodling using white and black pen for a few bits and pieces and finally added some little black enamel accent dots.
Super happy with this page. It was fun to use the prompts as guides for each stage too.
Lovely to get my first mixed media journal page done of the year! Think I will aim for one a month to try and get more play into my life!