Hi… Yes two blog posts in one day… And they couldn’t really get more different from the Christmas cards I shared earlier…to gelli printing mixed media joy now!
So I spotted via my lovely friend @craftytrog that there was a gelli printing challenge going on in March… And of course I immediately wanted to join in! @birgitkoopson is hosting the challenge… but the best way to find all the lovely prints people are making is to follow the hashtag… #31daysofgelprinting on Instagram. That’s what I did.
So here are the first two days of prints I made…
First prompt… circles. This was a print using Seth Apter paint onto black cardstock and I used stamps and a bottle lid to create the circles. Then I added a little smoosh of distress oxide left from another project on top.
Day 2 prompt… peek through
This time I used Decoarts Americana and Crafters Acrylic paints and used stencils to create some pattern and then punched some circles to use as masks to create the peep through circles. As this is quite translucent paint it shows the layers beneath even with the ‘solid’ print on the top.
In both cases I then made something with the print…
First one I made a card. I heat embossed the Woodware image onto the background and then added Distress Oxides as watercolours to add some colour to the image. Nice and simple.
The second one I am going to frame and hang in my craftroom.. just need a box frame as it is quite dimensional.
I added some stamping to the print along with some doodling. Then mounted it onto the lime cardstock. Then I chose some flowers from the Artful Days goodie box and a resin Eiffel tower. I added some distress resist spray to the flowers and inked them with Distress stains and oxides to give them a more textural and mixed media appearance. Then added the sequin centres.
The Eiffel tower I painted using black gesso and then added layers of paints including some art alchemy sparks paints to give it shimmer and shine.
I did cut some of the lattice die cuts from the petals and more set and added these and adhered everything to the background. Finished with some splatters of paint (of course!) and mounted it onto black cardstock.
Love how both turned out… looking forward to more gel printing projects during March!