Alcohol lift ink fail

Posted by

Yes I am blogging about a fail… but it turned out fine in the end.

I had grabbed a piece of Yupo that I and already added alcohol ink and foiling to and decided to play with the alcohol lift ink to create a panel for a card… and finish with a piece that had the image in white…. errrm… nope! Not exactly sure why but the ink lifted from the panel and stamped onto the porous surface but then didn’t remove the colour … so instead I decided on a different approach. I kept trying with the lift ink but all that happened was a very subtle difference in the background and so then I heat embossed the image instead.

The panel I had been stamping onto I then added distress oxide to and did lots of splashes of water to distress it.

And the end result was fab, albeit nothing at all like I had planned!

Ah well… you win some… and you win some others! Ha ha ha!

Happy crafting!

Catherine

2 comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.