So regular readers of my blog will know I made a boo boo in making coins for a swap a few days ago and ended up with an additional coin I had made and didn’t need… well I found a use for it and here is how.
The coin I made used the Badass artchick stamps that are Frida ones…
I followed the same process for this as I did for the others and used distress oxides and baked texture embossing powder and distress resist to add pattern and texture in the background. I also used shrink plastic for the sentiment which worked perfectly to get the sentiment to fit on the coin.
So I then took some mountboard and blended distress oxides onto it. I kept to the same colours, picked raspberry and shaded lilac.
Then I used more Badass artchick stamps to add pattern in the background. Then splattered the art alchemy sparks paint over the background.
Then I took the coin I had made and added it with glossy accents as the glue to the top as an embellishment.
I finished with stamping the Frida onto the postcard. I also sprayed this with fixative so it should be good to go through the post.
So mixing up making for the swap turned into a perfect embellishment for the postcard swap I made.
Also I get to enter the Paperartsy blog challengeagain!
2 thoughts on “Postcard art… And using a coin for embellishment”
“I paint flowers so they will not die” – that is adorable! I love your art coin.
Thanks… I’m guessing it is a quote of hers!