I decided to go a little different for this week’s CHNC challenge of use some red and went fabric based for my card topper.
I started with a square of holly printed fabric and glued it to some paper for stability then used a bit of muslin and stamped the sentiment.
My stayzon is not very juicy though and it didn’t stamp well so I went over it with a sharpie and that worked fine.
Then I layered the piece of muslin onto some Hessian and sewed it together. I also did my usual messy stitching round the square.
Then I cut out one of the holly motifs from another square of fabric and added that and a wooden Angel embellishment to the topper.
A lovely textural card topper and actually quite simple to do… I have quite a few fabric squares so may make some more like this to add to the collection.
But for now I wonder how others have interpreted the red challenge for the CHNC blog.