Chris challenged us to use tickets and tags in some way as a journalling project. I slightly veered off the brief as it was meant to be expandable, but mine is just a little book…. But I used tags on every page so I think it’s close enough to the brief!
I decided to make the whole thing using gelli prints, and stash from the box of bits I have that included some preprinted quotes and some random bits of stash. So no new bits were really used. I also only used 1 stamp throughout which was the ticket stamp… very rare for me, but there was so much pattern going on with the gelli prints there was no need to add much more!
So here is a little video flip through… and then I have detailed pics later..
I started by having a good time gelli printing… mostly onto bookprint, but also some random scraps of paper too.
This gave me enough to cover the pages of the little journal signature and some tags from the stash…
Next I set to with 4 posca pens, an grey Pitt pen and some ink for edging and adding colour (black soot distress ink, black archival ink, peacock feathers distress oxide) and some scraps of book print or cream card and made each page up. I did each page as an individual page so although the patterns and colours repeat across the journal, each page has its own identity.
Super happy with this little project. Each page is 5×5 inches so similar to card front size I usually work on but nice to create with no specific aim and get a bit grungey!
Was also good to use some bits up I’ve had in a box for ages… the box however is still very full! Maybe I need to do more projects where I restrict myself to using stuff from the stash boxes and I might actually get them used up!
So that’s my project I’ve been making this Easter weekend whilst staying home. I am very glad my mojo came out to play and distract me. My anxiety has been kept at bay as I’ve avoided the news for 2 whole days! Now to eat some chocolate!
Happy crafting! And happy Easter!