I have another set of coins made from scraps. This time for my UK Stampers Forum swap.
I used gelli prints left from the Russian art dolls project. I covered the background entirely with one print and then stamped the letter and number stamp (from Craft stamper magazine) onto the whole base to make them all similar.
I then added the canvas heart sticker and took some other scraps and embossed the flower stamp (another Craft Stamper stamp) and fussy cut them out.
I added the paint dried up bit off the top of the bottles and a gem to the centre of the flowers.
I then used a Darcy stamp for the sentiment embossed on black card.
Yesterday I shared the “scraps” from this project… Today I share the actual project.
My friend Chris who runs the Mini Marvels group suggested something a bit different for a swap… we were to make Russian art dolls which was inspired by some thing she saw on Instagram.
I knew I wanted to join in immediately! I started by creating a batch of gelli prints at random … no rhyme nor reason to the colours or patterns I used. Just played!
Some of the papers I chose were plain paper, some were book print or patterned.
I then created a template for the base and cut them from mountboard.
My mountboard cutting skills are not good so each one ended up as an individual but hey ho! They were roughly the same size and shape so they would do! I decided to paint them with black gesso front and black.
Next I decided to add stamping and mark making to the gelli prints before I cut into them. A relaxing 30 mins went by in no time just doodling and adding random additional patterns with posca pens in pink, blue, white and black.
Next I decided to make one doll as a trial… and I needed to decide on a face. I tried a few different ones but settled on this one from my Badass artchick stamps. Love the funky look!
So first one made it was time to cover the other dolls in prints and start layering up.
I also added more stamping and doodling. The stamp set the face was taken from also included a stamp with the words
I decided this would be added to each of the dolls as well as used on the back of each doll in some way. Wondering if you can spot it on all the dolls?
I then gave each doll a coat of glossy mod podge to seal and protect the papers and the doodles and added the pearl gem to the hair flower to finish off!
Once they were dry I added black gesso to the edge and covered any messes I created on the back with more gesso before I added stamping and details to the backs of the dolls.
The dolls have now been split into three pairs. One pair for me to keep, and two pairs have gone to their new homes.
Loved this challenge. Well done Chris on suggesting it and of course credit to @catherinescraftcorner on Instagram for the inspiration.
Hello… me again… more cards from the basket challenge…
This started life as a gelli print, as did the second card I am sharing and both of them I used Kim Dellow stamps as the focal points.
I used a layer of stamping onto the gelli print background… and then added the set of funky flowers. I also stamped the flowers onto book print and then coloured them using the brushos. I made sure that they were highly pigmented to create the really intense colour.
More posca pen doodling also added to the panel to create a frame.
I also added the little canvas tag and some twine to finish off.
Here is a better picture in daylight…
This second one I added some stencilling, to which I added doodling and I used the same trick of adding the flower heads as another layer of book print coloured with brushos.
This time the tag is a corrugated card one I coated with blue paint and added some embossing too.
I needed to add posca pen to the flowers too to ensure they had the same impact as the doodled stencilling.
And again another picture in daylight…
So that’s half the cards I made shared… Will share more again in a few days.
Today I am sharing the art journal page I made for Millie in her circle journal.As a reminder, this time my colours for the journal are teal and lime and I started with a gelli print pattern using the small shape gelli plates and distress oxides.Onto these prints I added some stencilling using the inks and a few different stencils.I love how graphic this design is but still maintaining a lot of white space.Next I added lots of doodles, some stamping and then created some flower focal points onto some music book print and layered them with some paper flowers and the sparkly gems from Artful Days Goodie box stash.I finished with some ink splatters and the sentiment stickers from Tim Holtz.Love how these came out.Happy crafting!Catherine