It’s the last of the circle journals for me to work in… the wonderful Hazel’s journal. I had two sides to decorate. So here is what I did for side 1.
I went for a distress oxide background blended onto white gesso. I wiped through a stencil and this left a pattern in which I doodled into with a black posca paint pen.
I also added some white gesso marks with a card and a lid and the same with black gesso. I also added some stamping with some number background stamps.
Next I added the focal part which was the fabric stamped elements which i had added sewing to.
I recoloured the face with some distress ink too so it blended better with the colour scheme.
Then some more doodling and I was done!
Will share the other side tomorrow.
These coins were an experiment really … I was just playing and this is what resulted…
I started with a paint background and added stencilling, then some more paint using a bottle lid and a credit card. Next I did some doodling.
And then I decided it looked a little like a sunset and added the silhouette tree.
Like how these came out and hope the recipients do too as they are for the UK Stampers Forum swap.
Tonight I had lots of fun creating painty layers for Christmas cards with my friends. I made the background a few days ago but finished these sample cards just before my friends arrived… and then I got to make more tonight.
I haven’t got the best of pics for the finished articles tonight so will take those tomorrow and post again then!
So let’s start with how I made them.
First I made a background… layers of paint brayered and scraped on, then stencilling and stamping and doodling and more stencilling.
Next I cut that into panels… this 12 x 12 can make 9 backgrounds but I chose not to do that many… I instead have 2 ATCs and 7 backgrounds.
Next I painted panels onto white cardstock and then heat embossed the images using white embossing powder.
Then I chose how to layer up the card, matching images I fussy cut to the panels…
And that is where I got to before tonight.
Well then I added some die cut frames and panels and sentiments to finish them off before adhering them to white card blanks…
I also added sequins… which was the inspiration for the colour scheme originally.
Sorry that I don’t have a close up yet… but will do that tomorrow morning and upload the photos then.
Also I have the panel and cards i made tonight… then same colour scheme and stamp set…
The only difference is rather than the pink cardstock for the die cut frames I used pearlescent cardstock instead… so lovely.
Some of the ones I made tonight need sentiments to finish… but pleased with them all! I’ve got three not quite finished and on card blanks to go too!
A couple of weeks ago my friends Karen and Mara joined me for some arty fun and we played with distress oxides (at Mara’s request).
I didn’t do much prep before the session due to a lack of time but managed to get some projects done during the night regardless using the usual techniques for using distress oxides.
Firstly we started with simple stamping!
This was using the Badassartstamps to create a panel in one colour family and then a focal point from some contrast colours with an overlay sentiment.
Second project was to do some blending and stencilling and water reaction.
This card has yet to have a sentiment added but hopefully I will be able to add one soon to finish it off.
Next up I created a background using the fabulous smooshing method.
I also added some stencilling, blended edges and of course the stamped wildflowers.
This was a bit of a two for one card too as I also created this next background by using the photo paper as a mop up.
This makes such a dramatic background and fab way to showcase the Visible Image stamp.
Love how different the same inks look on the different types of substrate.
Finally some gelli plate work onto different substances created this (albeit unfinished) card topper!
Had such a fun time crafting with my friends. Wish we could do this more often, but life is so busy it is not always easy to get together!
For Christmas I gave my parents and my auntie a calendar I had made with a postcard sized piece of art on each month… so today I am sharing their August artwork.
I decided that I wanted to use the Tim Holtz wildflower dies so built this around that idea.
I created a background using Paperartsy fresco finish paints and stencils and stamps. Then I added the wildflowers stamps using dye based inks and heat embossed them with clear powder.
This gave a subtle layered effect to the background.
Next I did cut some of the flowers and then added paint to them in the same colours using a sponge to create a mottled effect.
I adhered them and then added shading using Big Brush Pitt pens.
I then heat embossed the sentiment and edged the panel with versamark and added more embossing powder to that too.
Love these … so many details and layers.