Today I have some more cards made using the Heartwarming Hugs dsp and the In the Pines stamps and dies.
These are the cards I made as a starting point for designing the card making class. Some of these made the final cut… but with some different papers in some cases! And others I decided against … still love them, but decided they weren’t the ones for sharing with the group.
Entering this first card into the Tartan and Plaid challenge at The male room
Thankful that I had prepared blog posts in advance since the last few weeks have been pretty horrific. Unfortunately, through the teenagers attendance at school, the hubby and I also contracted Covid and we got pretty poorly. Grateful that neither of us had problems with our breathing, however both have felt pretty unwell. We are both on the road to recovery now but energy is low and so fortunate to have most of the blog posts prepped in advance.
Today another three coins to share with you from the advent coins I made for the swap.
This time there are a few new styles to share…
The first one is an ink smooshed background and an embossed reindeer and bold black numbers.
The next is using the pointsetta stamp but against a splattered background. I embossed it and then used distress oxide and a water brush to add colour.
The final one is using fresco finish paints and a stencil for the background. Then I added the white embossing.
See you in another few days with the next set of coins.
This time I went for some cutesy images for these random tags… they were ones that didn’t really get a theme in terms of colour or paper… So instead used an old Stampin Up set called Santa’s Suit to add the focal images.
I mean … Santa in a onesie! And those cute elements of his suit. Super cute!
I added some washi to the long pink one and each one got it’s own personality! Cute!
I still have one more set of tags waiting to be finished so there will be at least one more post with those on before Christmas day! Really need to come up with creative ways to use up more of the paper stash though as really do want to get through more of it so I can justify getting new stash for next Christmas season!
I think word dies have become my thing this past 6 months and so when I saw the challenge for CHNC was to use the word Merry I grabbed the sizzix Tim Holtz dies and die cut the word Merry. But then I went to town using patterned paper and paper piecing to create the background for the card.
I chose papers from an old Making Cards magazine set and embossed the image onto three of them. I then layered up the images using the turquoise and blue as the main colours for the image, leaving the red to the background. Sort of a funky reverse type colour scheme.
I then layered up the panel with the two other colours of paper. I added the ribbon to add some different texture and then added the die cut on top.
I finished off the card with the Peace and Joy stamped image embossed onto the red cardstock with the panel of blue to add a frame.
Super happy with how this came out… a bit of a labour of love to cut out the little pieces but at least the shapes were easy to work with.
More tags for you… this time using papers from the same making cards magazine set… but with different coloured tags…
First the crumb cake ones which look so pretty with the white background loose foliage type patterned paper…. then the green tags with the darker coloured paper.
I chose to accent both sets with die cuts from the Forever Flourishing set and also the two darker ones I added vellum leaves that were from my stash.
Using the sentiments from a Paperartsy set I embossed them using both silver and white powder.
Finished them off with twine from the stash!
I have more tags to share at some point but not quite finished them off. Will share when I do! But seriously these tags are so easy to make with the punch and cute to decorate in all different ways with minimal supplies. I’ve mainly used scraps and leftover bits for all of the ones I have shared so far!
This week for Stampin Up Sunday I decided to do a tag for UK Stampers Forum swap but as we don’t actually send them to our swap people until January I decided not to go Christmas themed.
I did use a wreath but with flowers but also made it a little grungey using the Baked Texture embossing powder for the background wreath. I also added the Dictionary background stamping and used a splodges stamp from Eclectic Expressions to add ink around the edges. This gave it an interesting look from which the flowers and leaves I stamped and die cut from white pop!
I added them and the twine ribbon to the wreath and then some white All the Trimmings embellishments to add a little extra. I found the sentiment in my Art by Marlene stickers.
I chose some wide striped ribbon that is rich razzleberry in colour to finish the tag off.
Love how this ended up. So many fun ways to use the Arrange the wreath stamps and wreath builder dies. Love experimenting with them and it always seems to work out with a lovely result!