Yes I am also lucky enough to stay with the CHNC design team this year and the plan is to get at least 52 cards done as part of the challenge!
Hazel’s first challenge is to upcycle something or use something old.
Well I used a scrap of ribbon off crackers at my cousins Christmas get together and a coin I received in a swap (I actually received two so hence me using one!). Thanks and credit for the coin go to Heidi Green.
The papers are ones from a gift I got in the advent twinchies swap so it was good to get started on that stash pile too!
I added bookprint to the tag, then some stencilling using white acrylic paint. I also added more stencilling using texture paste. This created a nice resist for the shimmer watercolour paint I added.
Then I added stamping using both distress inks and archival. Next more stamping using versamark and embossing powder to add even more texture to the background and also for the focal image which I stamped onto white card and cut out.
I love the wintery feel of this tag. For the finishing touch I added the ribbon and twine by stapling it with coloured staples.
I also defined the edges with darker ink to give it more depth.
Another circle journal to share with you today, this time for Tricia.
It is a lovely Kraft background to work on so I decided to go for a white gesso messy background.
In addition to the gesso dry brushing I added some stamping in white craft ink. I used a mixture of stamps from Hot Picks and this gave me a nice finish.
Next I started pulling papers and ribbons from my stash and putting them together as I fancied a layered piece and plenty of sewing. So out came the sewing machine.
Then I got the Neocolours out and added some shading and definition to the layers and added some details.
Next I started bringing together the focal images and started building up the pages. I decided to add images from the stamped fabric stash from our weekend with James Sharpe. I think Tricia (who I was lucky enough to sit opposite all weekend) would appreciate seeing me using them.
I also grabbed tags from an Artful Days kit and added them in, but before they made it into the final pages I added distress inks to change the colour a little. I also decided to add some more details to the layers with a bit of stamping and added some shimmery watercolour to add a different texture, oh and I moved things round a little on the final pages so that Albert was on the other side!
Next I added rub ons and sentiment stickers to the page. I also added some splattered black soot distress ink and some white pen marks.
And then I grabbed the black puffy paint and added some dots around the pages as embellishments. And I called it finished!
Love how eclectic this is and love that white background behind the pop of lime and teal colours.
Also love all the loose threads that come from me being a messy sewer and the loose edges to the layers. Those rub ons also work well in keeping the layers light and fresh.
Hopefully Tricia likes what I made too… and now it is time for me to start work on the next journal.
Today I am sharing the tag I made for last month’s swap at UK stampers forum.
I decided to use a new Gorjuss Girl stamp and paper piece and mask her to add more stamping and blended ink behind her.
I kept the colours bright and spring like using Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass and Peacock feathers for the blending and stamping behind the girl. I also used some washi tape and stickers to add embellishments.
I paper pieced her outfit using Art by Marlene collage paper as the colours were perfect on the scrap I had out on the desk already. I also love using the coloured staples for adding an embellishment along with the sequins.