Gosh I really haven’t been blogging regularly… just not been feeling well enough to sit and craft and so out of the habit I guess. Thankful I have some DT things that make me get my creative time in and also that some of them I have prepped ahead of time! This is one of those kind of posts…
This week the theme Hazel has set us at CHNC is to use washi tape so I kept my card really simple and let the sparkly washi tape do all the work!
I chose the three colours of sparkly washi I had and laid them down in strips. Then I added the First edition die cut wreath which I layered up 3 times to give it dimension.
Then I added the Tim Holtz sticker sentiment onto a strip of red cardstock and called the whole thing done! Sometimes simplicity is best!
Another swap to share… this time some inchies using the following colour palette…
The colour palette reminded me of a sunflower against blue skies.
Here is what I made…
I used blue ink to smoosh the watercolor the inchies in and then stamped using the dark brown archival ink and the Hardwood stamp.
I then added the spotty washi to three of the inchies and strips of the yellow washi to two of the inchies. Into the strips I added the words sun flower.
Then I inked the edge of each inchie and added an embellishment sunflower from the stash. I then arranged them onto the yellow cardstock.
Love this bright and beautiful selection of inchies.
Another circle journal to share with you today, this time for Tricia.
It is a lovely Kraft background to work on so I decided to go for a white gesso messy background.
In addition to the gesso dry brushing I added some stamping in white craft ink. I used a mixture of stamps from Hot Picks and this gave me a nice finish.
Next I started pulling papers and ribbons from my stash and putting them together as I fancied a layered piece and plenty of sewing. So out came the sewing machine.
Then I got the Neocolours out and added some shading and definition to the layers and added some details.
Next I started bringing together the focal images and started building up the pages. I decided to add images from the stamped fabric stash from our weekend with James Sharpe. I think Tricia (who I was lucky enough to sit opposite all weekend) would appreciate seeing me using them.
I also grabbed tags from an Artful Days kit and added them in, but before they made it into the final pages I added distress inks to change the colour a little. I also decided to add some more details to the layers with a bit of stamping and added some shimmery watercolour to add a different texture, oh and I moved things round a little on the final pages so that Albert was on the other side!
Next I added rub ons and sentiment stickers to the page. I also added some splattered black soot distress ink and some white pen marks.
And then I grabbed the black puffy paint and added some dots around the pages as embellishments. And I called it finished!
Love how eclectic this is and love that white background behind the pop of lime and teal colours.
Also love all the loose threads that come from me being a messy sewer and the loose edges to the layers. Those rub ons also work well in keeping the layers light and fresh.
Hopefully Tricia likes what I made too… and now it is time for me to start work on the next journal.
Today I am sharing the tag I made for last month’s swap at UK stampers forum.
I decided to use a new Gorjuss Girl stamp and paper piece and mask her to add more stamping and blended ink behind her.
I kept the colours bright and spring like using Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass and Peacock feathers for the blending and stamping behind the girl. I also used some washi tape and stickers to add embellishments.
I paper pieced her outfit using Art by Marlene collage paper as the colours were perfect on the scrap I had out on the desk already. I also love using the coloured staples for adding an embellishment along with the sequins.
So it’s the day of Cupid so it is time to share the card I made for the hubby…
I decided to go with this cute digital stamp image and washi tape for the background. Then stamped hearts and the sentiments to frame the cluster. I then heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock.
I added some dots of enamel accents to finish off.