Recently I’ve started using a Big Happy Planner so I thought I would share a few spreads here so you could see what I’ve been up to…This one is the first weekly one and I’d already started documenting the week by this point. I used Art by Marlene collage papers and butterfly punches to add the fun elements. I also added some washi tape and some stickers from Art by Marlene.Next week I used some old stickers from Stampin Up.The before the pen (ish!) Spread above, and below half the week completed.For the third week I took some printable sheets a Facebook group member had provided to use Game of Thrones as the theme.Finding this a fun way to organise myself and have ordered myself a mini version as a more portable version than this Big planner so will see how that works.Hope you like this little view into my new obsession.Happy crafting!Catherine
Another circle journal to share with you today, this time for Tricia.
It is a lovely Kraft background to work on so I decided to go for a white gesso messy background.
In addition to the gesso dry brushing I added some stamping in white craft ink. I used a mixture of stamps from Hot Picks and this gave me a nice finish.
Next I started pulling papers and ribbons from my stash and putting them together as I fancied a layered piece and plenty of sewing. So out came the sewing machine.
Then I got the Neocolours out and added some shading and definition to the layers and added some details.
Next I started bringing together the focal images and started building up the pages. I decided to add images from the stamped fabric stash from our weekend with James Sharpe. I think Tricia (who I was lucky enough to sit opposite all weekend) would appreciate seeing me using them.
I also grabbed tags from an Artful Days kit and added them in, but before they made it into the final pages I added distress inks to change the colour a little. I also decided to add some more details to the layers with a bit of stamping and added some shimmery watercolour to add a different texture, oh and I moved things round a little on the final pages so that Albert was on the other side!
Next I added rub ons and sentiment stickers to the page. I also added some splattered black soot distress ink and some white pen marks.
And then I grabbed the black puffy paint and added some dots around the pages as embellishments. And I called it finished!
Love how eclectic this is and love that white background behind the pop of lime and teal colours.
Also love all the loose threads that come from me being a messy sewer and the loose edges to the layers. Those rub ons also work well in keeping the layers light and fresh.
Hopefully Tricia likes what I made too… and now it is time for me to start work on the next journal.
Today I am sharing the tag I made for last month’s swap at UK stampers forum.
I decided to use a new Gorjuss Girl stamp and paper piece and mask her to add more stamping and blended ink behind her.
I kept the colours bright and spring like using Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass and Peacock feathers for the blending and stamping behind the girl. I also used some washi tape and stickers to add embellishments.
I paper pieced her outfit using Art by Marlene collage paper as the colours were perfect on the scrap I had out on the desk already. I also love using the coloured staples for adding an embellishment along with the sequins.
So it’s the day of Cupid so it is time to share the card I made for the hubby…
I decided to go with this cute digital stamp image and washi tape for the background. Then stamped hearts and the sentiments to frame the cluster. I then heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock.
I added some dots of enamel accents to finish off.
At the weekend I came across some memories and more project life type cards I had left in my stash from a class that my friend Helen did about a year and a half ago so decided to use them up…
I also combined this with some washi tape as I rarely get round to using my washi stash and it seemed like a good plan in my #31productchallenge.
So I added washi to both cards in different ways and created these two fun cards.
My lovely friend Chris created some coins as a swap so I made her three to trade.
I used the leftover background I made as part of the masterboard and then added some pen marks in glitter gel pen.
Then added both text print and washi tape, then added eyelets to the sentiment. Though each I added the paper ribbon as an additional element.
I then added the ticket images that were stamped on fabric I got at the James Sharpe weekend. I thought adding them for these swaps would be a perfect addition.
Then I chose the Tim Holtz sticker as the titles and mounted them onto the Emerald envy cardstock cut to size.
Just to prove that this stamp set doesn’t have to just be for sympathy cards…
I again used brusho to stamp technique I had got from Understand Blue YouTube channel… seriously this is a very talented artist. I love her work. I now need to look at other stamps I can play with this technique for!
This time there was more water involved and I did use a wet brush to move the colour a little.
I added glitter washi tape to the card base and then under the sentiment to add some sparkle.
Entering this for the challenge at your next stamp using the colours as inspiration.