Last month the theme for my swap was Under the Sea but I was very last minute getting my swaps sorted… I made them on Monday! Ooops! Well they were just in time for the deadline!
I used some indigo Blu stamps I’ve had for a while.
I created a blue background using three colours of fresco finish paints and stamped one of the shell stamps in the background but it is barely visible. I then stamped the bubbles image using white embossing and the seaweed stamp using the Seth Apter Baked Texture embossing powder.
Next I stamped and embossed the seahorses onto kraft card stock and fussy cut them out, then I stamped the sentiment onto some spare card and cut them out.
I die cut the coins and layered up the elements. I then sanded the edge to lighten the colour and frame the coins.
This month we have another ‘virtual challenge over at my coin swap group… maybe next month I will move back to postal ones … but will make that decision nearer the time.
So the theme for this month … circles. This was inspired by the stamp and stencils I recently bought from Aall & Create.
I used a gelli print that I had leftover from another project and added the stamping on top in black.
I added some details with pink posca pen and then added the die cut wonky circle which was cut from some funky wallpaper. I then added the title from a magazine cut up.
I then decided that the coin needed a bit more so grabbed some black gems.
I decided once I had made the coin to turn it into a little notecard as a little hello for a friend.
I decided that a pink panel would be a good idea … but then grabbed my pokey tool and some thread to add some sewing around the coin. I used a template for the holes which I recently rediscovered. Perfect fun!
Today I am sharing four coins that I made for a swap where the theme was hearts and layers… so yes it needed to have layers and feature hearts!
I started by stamping and masking and stamping some backgrounds onto some thick cardstock. I used Darcy stamps from Paperartsy for all the hearts as I love the different types of hearts she designed. I stamped the word hearts in memento and the circle hearts in Candied Apple distress ink.
I had loosely drawn around some coins so I knew how much to cover of the cardstock I was using.
Next I started colouring them in… promarkers for the word hearts…
… and the background…
Once these were finished I cut them out and added some embossing using a different heart themed stamp from Darcy’s collection. These I clear embossed to give texture to the coins.
Next up was to do some layers and focal images… I chose to use scraps of this fabulous textural wallpaper and then another Darcy heart which I embossed and then coloured using the shimmery watercolours in shades of pink and grey.
I love how shimmery and shiny these are. I also edged the coins in Black to frame them.
Next I added the embellishments… a shrink plastic ticket I stamped and cut out, a gemstone and some stamped words from another Darcy stamp set.
Ok now to show the real colours in daylight and not just the orange look they get under the desk lamp…
Love how they came out!
So these are my coins for the swap… I think there were enough layers and enough hearts to satisfy the conditions of the swap! Hopefully Janet who I made them for loved them too!
This month the theme for my ATC swap group over on Facebook is “Roses are Red” which I invite people to interpret however they like. I went for the obvious… red and rose!
I started with red paint onto kraft cardstock. Most of it scraped on, and then a burgundy through a stencil.
Next I cut out the coins and then used a stencil to add white heart shapes onto the background. I found a rose stamp in my stash, stamped it using memento ink and then coloured it using promarkers. I then cut it out.
I decided it needed some thing else so I die cut a swirly circle shape and then decided to make each of the coins different using black to either add doodles, colour in the hearts or colour in the background.
I finished them off with the love word stamp and some wink of Stella for the roses.
Yes I am also lucky enough to stay with the CHNC design team this year and the plan is to get at least 52 cards done as part of the challenge!
Hazel’s first challenge is to upcycle something or use something old.
Well I used a scrap of ribbon off crackers at my cousins Christmas get together and a coin I received in a swap (I actually received two so hence me using one!). Thanks and credit for the coin go to Heidi Green.
The papers are ones from a gift I got in the advent twinchies swap so it was good to get started on that stash pile too!