Thankful that I had prepared blog posts in advance since the last few weeks have been pretty horrific. Unfortunately, through the teenagers attendance at school, the hubby and I also contracted Covid and we got pretty poorly. Grateful that neither of us had problems with our breathing, however both have felt pretty unwell. We are both on the road to recovery now but energy is low and so fortunate to have most of the blog posts prepped in advance.
Today another three coins to share with you from the advent coins I made for the swap.
This time there are a few new styles to share…
The first one is an ink smooshed background and an embossed reindeer and bold black numbers.
The next is using the pointsetta stamp but against a splattered background. I embossed it and then used distress oxide and a water brush to add colour.
The final one is using fresco finish paints and a stencil for the background. Then I added the white embossing.
See you in another few days with the next set of coins.
Three more of my advent coins to share with you today…
The green one is a duplicate of the one I made for day 1. And the blue one is similar to the one I made for day 3 although I changed the snowflake stamp and colour of the embossing.
Number 5 I took a different technique on. I used ink smooshing and some background stamping before adding the focal image of the pointsetta on either side of the coin. I like the bright white against the rustic red colour and the contrast of the embossed number in dark red.
Check back in a few more days to see the next set I created.
This year I’ve joined in with another advent project. Last year we made Twinchies, and this year it is coins!
As we’ve now passed the 3rd of December I am sharing the first three coins I made.
I cut the coins from mountboard and then decorated them a couple at a time and split them up over the sets so you will see some familiar designs every time I post a set.
The green one I used fresco finish paints and stencils to create the background. Then I used some stamps and white embossing for the number and the stars. I also added some white details using a posca paint pen.
The trees coin I also used the fresco finish paint for the background. Then I used the fresco paint to stamp the tree image. I used a blue embossing powder for the number, and finished the coin off by sponging the paint around the edge.
Finally the snowflake coin I went to town with layers of fresco paints and stencils. I also did lots of doodling before adding the snowflakes and the number with white embossing folder.
Check back in a few days to see the next set of coins I made!
Another day, another set of coins… this time for UK stampers forum swap…
I went with a bit of simple stamping using the beautiful flower stamp from Fancy Phrases.
I started with base painted with Cheesecake and Prawn fresco finish paints. Then stamped in sepia archival. I then added a little more paint using the cheesecake and guacamole to define some of the Flowers and leaves.
I also added some sparkle with the shimmer ink and splattering it all over them.
I decided to add a strip of washi tape and the sentiments which I’d stamped on prawn painted cardstock.
I also added some gems I found in the stash.
Love how delicate these are. They are sort of vintage with a pop of modern with the prawn and the glitter.