So as regular readers will know I have been using my happy planner for doing some weekly mixed media spreads… so I thought i would use the inspiration a friend Sheila provides with her inchie calendar and do the same for the monthly spread… but the size of the squares is not quite 2×2 inches… in fact it’s 1 and 7 eighths!
So I’ve been making almost twinchies every day… sometimes they mean or represent the day in some way, other times the are just scraps and fun bits of art.
So this was June.. Love how fun they all look together!
I participated in a swap during the year where I made twinchies as an advent calendar swap and received some back in exchange to open during the month… so here is the set I made.I started with 4×4 panels of watercolour cardstock and added some distress oxides in lots of different colours.Then I took a few at a time and stamped out the numbers for the advent calendar and started decorating them. I made sure that the numbers weren’t concurrent so that when sending off a few they wouldn’t be too similar to each other!Then kept going so that the colours would be mixed up in each batch (we are sending them in threes…And there were four squares leftover in case I messed one up!So here are the batches…Super happy with how they all turned out.Now for packing them and sending them.Each was to go in its own envelope and a little pack of goodies to accompany them… so I made 4×4 envelopes from a very old pack of paper.After making them all up I stamped the number for the front of them from the scraps…And stuck those on. I added the twinchies in to their relevant envelope and then added some goodies into each envelope before sealing them up.I sent each three off to the relevant partner for each month and then received in response mine which I opened throughout December.It’s been a lovely project to be involved in.
And I just need to find a way to display these for next year! I’m thinking of making them into a decoration or set of somehow… any ideas gratefully received!
Today I have a swap to share with you. After struggling with my mojo for a while I managed a few hours crafting this past Saturday and although it took a while to get into it I was pleased to have some swaps I had to make to force me to continue rather than just give up. And in the end I was happy with my makes.
So the first was a set of inchies with the theme “Eye eye”.
I chose to go for distress oxide backgrounds and then these fun make a monster stamps. I kept to the same set of eyes on each row but on a different monster body.
I highlighted the eyes with white and black paint pens. Then I gave each inchie a coat of clear embossing powder to give them some shine.
I love how these turned out. I stuck them to a card for the recipient.
Today I have a project I made a few weeks ago but forgot to share on my blog. Don’t know why but I was neglecting blogging. Possibly because it’s been so busy, possibly because my mojo was absent for a while and I got out of the habit!
Whatever the reason… I’m back today!
So these twinchies were for a swap and I loved creating them.
There were lots and lots of layers of distress oxides and smooshing and then stamping. Then embossing and embossing and embossing!
I used the lavinia stamps fairy and then alpha stamps for the sentiment on the top.
I finished off with some bling!
Really lovely ethereal background and you can never go wrong with a lavinia silhouette stamp!
Today I’m sharing the twinchies I made for the Time coin swap participants last month… I went for a masterboard and made lots of twinchies from this.I used Paperartsy fresco finish paints and Indigo Blu stamps.Then I cut it up into the twinchies…Next I added some doodled edges and embossed the sentiment.Then I added a shrink plastic embellishment of a clock/pocket watch to each one.I used a mix of black and white shrink plastic to create different effects.Happy crafting!Catherine
Today I have another set of twinchies to share that I made for a Facebook group.
The theme was Under the Sea. I started with watercolour paper and added layers of distress oxide. Then I started stamping with the For the Love of Stamps set. I added the feature images with black soot oxide and then added some clear emboss on then to give them shine.
Then I finished off with a coat of normal distress ink to give it more depth.
Mounted them onto cardstock to send to the recipient.
Love the colour variation with the oxides in the background.