Once again I am on my mission to use up some of my stash of papers … so another one sheet wonder type thing going on… but with three sheets of Gingham Garden dsp! I actually started the planning and cutting for this one night in/on the bed.
The three chosen sheets of dsp above which I chose three random ways of cutting up using the Pinterest board I have set up for osw as inspiration. Then I started copying sketches from Mojo Monday (a great sketch site that has old sketches available for use) & putting card ideas together from that.
Next I had to get coordinating cardstock for the papers… I decided rather than cutting into too much new cardstock I would first raid the scraps box and use up stuff already cut into!
And then started putting things together with the relevant card blanks…
I did have to use some fresh card stock for the bases… but otherwise I managed most of this from scraps.
Then I made them up into little sets. Here is the first of the sets…
For all of these I used the Bliss stamp set to add the flourish stamp in the background and the little butterflies and the sentiment from Bitty Banners.
I also added stickles a plenty to give them a nice bit of bling.
Pop back tomorrow to see how I finished the others off.
Part of the Use them or Lose them challenge of the year is to use some of the paper I have stashed. I have been trying to use stuff from the scraps box where possible to try and work through that but there is also the mountain of uncut 12 x 12 sheets of dsp so I decided to do a one sheet wonder type project… although ended up using three sheets of DSP so I could get some variety.
I didn’t follow a osw cutting guide, instead headed over to Mojo Monday and followed a load of sketches from November and October 2015 to design the cards and cut everything up. I added two sheets of Primrose Petals cardstock, one crumb cake and one wild wasabi plus a few bits and pieces of scrap cardstock that were hanging around the desk.
Next I started assembling, embossing, die cutting and stamping… and ended up with 15 cards for the box at work!
Love how these all came out.
Entering this into the Crafty hazelnut patterned paper monthly challenge.
Hello there dear blog reader! Hoping your Monday has been splendid! Mine hasn’t exactly been splendid as once again I negotiate the crap that is depression. But I am determined to get better and not continue in this slump so I went for a run, lay in the garden in the sunshine and had fun playing with some colour! So tonight it’s a bit of a bumper post which should hopefully make you happy even if it’s just looking at pretty colours!
This weeks colour is a lovely calm, serene and sophisticated colour … Which doesn’t mean I kept it that way!
I must admit I do like a purple. Not 100% sure Stamping Up have got a purple that’s perfect for me yet, but do love all the shades of purple they have given us and I pretty much put them all on these cards with some extra pink for good measure. See not so much sophisticated or calm and serene!
And yes … I did say cards!
I did a bit of a one sheet wonder with some Whisper White and made four cards in total with a piece of 7×7″! Here they all are with decorated envelopes for good measure too!
So I stated with some Wisteria Wonder and stamped the Dictionary stamp randomly all over the cardstock. Then added the Rich razzleberry Hello Doily stamp. Next up wa the flourish stamp from the Bliss stamp set. I fell in love with this Sale a bration set at the first SU card class I went to of my friend Helen’s … And this stamp is the reason why! Anyway, this is stamped in Perfect Plum. Finally I added some dots from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set in the bright Melon Mambo!
This then was the paper I created and then cut into panels to create the four card toppers. I layered them with the mat of the Perfect Plum and then created base panels with some of the retired Pretty in pink cardstock as a contrast.
Next I stamped a lot of butterflies from the Papillion Pot Pourri set and punched them out with coordinating punches. I stamped in the Perfect Plum and then coloured them with both the same ink and the Melon Mambo to give them different effects.
The sentiments were stamped from the For my Family stamp set and used the Word Window punch to punch them out and layer them up on the cards. The card blanks were ready made 6×6″ ones, and of course I added some bling!
Next I decided to decorate the envelopes with a little bit of a coordinating look. I used the same stamps and same colours to create the envelopes.
So a bumper post for this CMM! Hope you enjoyed!