It’s the last of the circle journals for me to work in… the wonderful Hazel’s journal. I had two sides to decorate. So here is what I did for side 1.
I went for a distress oxide background blended onto white gesso. I wiped through a stencil and this left a pattern in which I doodled into with a black posca paint pen.
I also added some white gesso marks with a card and a lid and the same with black gesso. I also added some stamping with some number background stamps.
Next I added the focal part which was the fabric stamped elements which i had added sewing to.
I recoloured the face with some distress ink too so it blended better with the colour scheme.
Then some more doodling and I was done!
Will share the other side tomorrow.
I have a page I made in a circle journal for our lovely organiser, Chris.
I decided I wanted to add dimension on the page so after a coat of black gesso and some strips of paper I added the stencilled words using the iridescent medium. I then heat set them so they got the bubbly texture.
Then I went to town with paints in a mixture of translucent and opaque.
I also did lots and lots of splatters!
I decided that I wanted to create a garden of the Darcy trees so I stamped and painted them on white and then fussy cut them out.
Once they were glued into place I also added shading and white highlights.
I then decided to add glossy accents to the dots on the tree and this has given them a fun three dimensional finish.
Next I added the title using Dina Wakely tissue paper. Love this!
Finally I added white dots around the page as as border and to add some details.
Another circle journal to share with you today, this time for Tricia.
It is a lovely Kraft background to work on so I decided to go for a white gesso messy background.
In addition to the gesso dry brushing I added some stamping in white craft ink. I used a mixture of stamps from Hot Picks and this gave me a nice finish.
Next I started pulling papers and ribbons from my stash and putting them together as I fancied a layered piece and plenty of sewing. So out came the sewing machine.
Then I got the Neocolours out and added some shading and definition to the layers and added some details.
Next I started bringing together the focal images and started building up the pages. I decided to add images from the stamped fabric stash from our weekend with James Sharpe. I think Tricia (who I was lucky enough to sit opposite all weekend) would appreciate seeing me using them.
I also grabbed tags from an Artful Days kit and added them in, but before they made it into the final pages I added distress inks to change the colour a little. I also decided to add some more details to the layers with a bit of stamping and added some shimmery watercolour to add a different texture, oh and I moved things round a little on the final pages so that Albert was on the other side!
Next I added rub ons and sentiment stickers to the page. I also added some splattered black soot distress ink and some white pen marks.
And then I grabbed the black puffy paint and added some dots around the pages as embellishments. And I called it finished!
Love how eclectic this is and love that white background behind the pop of lime and teal colours.
Also love all the loose threads that come from me being a messy sewer and the loose edges to the layers. Those rub ons also work well in keeping the layers light and fresh.
Hopefully Tricia likes what I made too… and now it is time for me to start work on the next journal.
Another of my teal and lime pages for a circle journal and this one is for my raggy doll sister Marie.
She created a fab bunting journal from canvas sheets. And that gave me the idea of fabric and sewing. And given how poorly I was meant that I could do some of this crafting whilst in bed.
I started strangely with a piece of felt and sewed each scrap of wool, fabric, ribbon and twine onto it using hand stitching.
Absolutely love this background and must remember to do something similar again as I have so many scraps of twine and ribbons.
Next I took a Jofy stamp and stamped it onto some fabric using Archival ink. Then used Inktense pencils to add some colour to some elements.
Which I then sprayed heavily with water to activate the Inktense.
Once dry I started sewing in some details and added some sequins. I am far from the best embroidery person… but still it was fun, and easy to do in bed!
I cut it out and gave it a reasonable amount of a border so it would stand out on the busy background.
Next to prepare the bunting background which I decided to use Sparks paint in the black to sponge around the outside.
Then I added some black gesso as contrast to the sparkle and break it up a little.
Time to put it all together…
An Art by Marlene sticker for the title… and lots of glue to hold it in place.
I am soooooooooooo happy with this piece and love all the textures I added. Especially considering that I am ordinarily not a sewer!
Hope Marie likes it too. I will share what I made for the other side in a couple of days!
Yesterday I shared the main spread I did for Linda but I also did some more pages for the fold in parts of her journal.
The video explaining it better is here. I say better… but the sound has gone all squiffy so sorry about that!
A change of pace from the other page but love this too! Also love I found a use for the twinchies I made and didn’t end up swapping… they worked perfectly on these pages.