Straight to the quick this week…
When I saw this picture I knew it was a perfect prompt for Thursday Treasures! But how to use it to get me started?
Well after a bit of pondering, I looked through the pile of projects half done, and found a page I had started in early August at Helen’s class which was for a photo of the princess at the beach creating her name out of pebbles…. Perfect!
Loved the way Helen did this layout, but have to admit I struggled with the journalling with the tickets being small. But still a fun and arty page!
This week decided to go for a technique … Or in reality an ingredient!
This page I actually put together in very little time by grabbing some coordinating papers from the stash (no idea where I got them from!) and cardstock and then adding the embellishments later!
I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamps to add the splatters… Perfect for the page as I got them as part of the convention gifts! Also loved adding the little bunting using the Pennant Punch and bakers twine, and then the bow above the photo to finish off!
It has been a little while since I played with a sketch…. So it was time to do one for Thursday Treasures…
So this is what I did with it…
I used the Flower Pot papers left from the last class Helen held I was able to attend to create this lovely page full of colour and pattern! Plenty of scraps used up to fill the page with fun! Loved adding the doodles too in the white pen.
For two of the Thursday treasures challenges I presented unfinished pages. I have now finished them off.
Layout one… This was started back here
But by the time I started putting it together I had changed some of the layout and added some additional bits and pieces. I also trimmed down the background to add a new base card as I felt it needed more blue at the edges. I also made my own stamp to add the little cloud embellishments.
Layout number two … From way back at the beginning of the summer. I didn’t change the layout too much on this, but added some doodles etc. and the positioning of a few elements. I also added the journalling to a separate piece of card which I stamped the Stripes stamp on it.
So pleased to have finally finished these works in progress!
Hi there! Time for another Thursday Treasures challenge!
And this week I am feeling a little fruity … So here is the photo prompt!
Now you could interpret this so many ways!!!
I decided to scrap a picture of the princess blackberry picking which I had already digitally altered with the words. I picked some random papers I had which had a sort of vegetable theme so had a nice topper I could use. I decided to create tags from the patterned papers to make it nice and busy and bright… Just like the fruit!
This was my initial layout when I put it together…
But then when I went to finish the page it completely altered!
Not sure if I actually prefer the end layout or not, but love the texture of using the fringe scissors (first use having had them for several months!) and as it’s all stuck down now I can’t change it! 🙂 maybe a case of letting it rest not working as well and maybe it was more about me finishing the page when my brain was in the wrong place! Ah well… It is done now and I don’t dislike it, just think I preferred the first layout!
This weeks Thursday Treasures was a hard one for me … Until I realised I had a scrap page pretty much ready and perfect for the challenge!
I am not a big sports fan, or participant! However the princess is turning out to enjoy the active life! So at Helen’s last class one of the pages I started was using pictures from her sports day! Perfect to do this too! This is where I got to in class…
As per usual I didn’t stick things down and then it has been left for a few weeks to get finished. But now it is done!
Lots of corner rounding and outlining/doodling in white pen going on! This seems to be a bit of a theme at the moment for me!
Straight off I know some people will hate this … But others will LOVE it!
Have fun being in the pink!
As for me… Well I actually decided to use a page I started a couple of weeks ago and finish it off for this as it had a base of the required pink! But as the papers are very mixed in colour… You may suggest that I strayed from the remit … But hey it is my challenge and this works as a “pink” layout for me!
Here was the starting point with the sketch from Helen but using slightly different DSP and some added bits and pieces!
I decided on florals rather than spots for mine!
I also added a large doily as a layer underneath the vertical panel. This was it at the point I started it. It then got left until I finished it today. Before I started putting it together I made some decisions …
1. I changed the DSP vertical panel to also be floral so I had all three florals on show … This is so different for me but I like it!
2. I corner rounded everything!
3. I went stash shopping in my existing stash and found stickers and little hessian tags etc. which I added to the layout.
4. I wanted to incorporate some stamping so I added some stamped, water coloured and then glazed flowers which are my new stamps Darcy designed for Paperartsy. Love them! I kept them washed out in style to contrast with the bold DSP.
So I finished with this…
I decided on the green strips of journalling with the white pen, and some blue and white squiggly line doodles for outlines.
This is a madly busy page, and quite in contrast from my usual style but the paper spoke to me with these pictures of the princess having fun on the hay bales at the farm and so I just went with the flow!