Sat down and did a bit of journalling in my 2021 journal. Did a page about Lucky Chuck (rest in peace little hog). Used a mix of supplies from Lollipop Box Club kits.
It was an unplanned and pulled from many collections type of page … love it!
Considering doing a bit of a purge of the boxes that are almost finished and putting them into one organisation system… stickers in one place, die cuts in others… what do you think? At the moment I have no grasp on what is left in some kits and could do without a big pile of boxes on my desk.
Oh and if you are interested I did film this page being put together… here is the link!
Sharing another page in my 2021 junk journal… really love this way of documenting.
Once again I remembered to put the camera on … so check out the video here.
I mainly used the April Lollipop Box Club kit and had lots of fun with sewing and layers. Took me a while to come to a finishing point I must admit and still feel it needs something else but not sure exactly what just yet!
Love the fact I could use the tab on the pull out card, and although my writing ends up a bit scruffy love the fact that the new SU colour Soft Succulent coordinates so well with the colours in the kit.
Also love the shimmer paint I added to the background. I know the pics don’t do it justice, but Little Rainbow Moon paints are just so lovely to use.
Today I am sharing a tag I made for this months UK stampers forum swap. I decided as I was about to start to do this as a video so if you want to see the process of this then check out my craft with me video here on YouTube.
Loved playing with the Art by Marlene collage paper and die cuts and think the Badass art chicken stamp works so well as the sentiment. Also loved getting out the sewing machine to play too!
Love how this came together and how different it is from the other one I created.
They’ve both been received by the swap recipient and we have now been informed that we have to chop up one and make it into at least 4 different things… wonder what Dianne will choose to make and which she will use and send back to me. I’ve been busy cutting up and using one of hers this weekend which I will share with you what I do with it once I’ve sent the finished items back to Dianne.
I decided to make some cute ATC flipbooks for my raggy doll sisters as a little treat to send through the post. It took me a few different sessions to put these together so bear with me with the many pics of the process.
I started with ATC cut from amazon packaging and made lots of layers of paint, paper and stamping.
I used a lot of different supplies and had lots of fun creating these (there are 8 of us in the group so I made one for me to keep too!).
Next I made page two …
Side one (awaiting finishing touches) and side two…
Again it was fun to just play with supplies I had to hand and make some cute ATCs.
Next session I played with alcohol inks on slightly shiny card and created these cards… after playing with the alcohol ink, I stamped and embossed a grungy background stamp from the stash, added back washi and then stamped the Bee onto some French bookprint.
The reverse I used the same alcohol ink but more of a blended finish and added some stamped leaves, die cut flowers and a sentiment with a fun resin centre for each of the flowers.
I also worked on the back card which I also made from corrugated card and added more of the neon pink paint.
This time I added it after adding some Tim Holtz tissue wrap with matt medium and also added some black gesso round the edge. I then used some art alchemy paint in black for some sparkle (it doesn’t really show in the photos unfortunately). I then used black gesso to paint the wooden Love word and glued them into place and added a sparkly gem and some dots of black enamel to finish off. They were still drying in the picture so not the best pics but you get the idea.
I kept the back really simple with scrapbook scrap paper and a stamped and sticker date. I later signed my name but that didn’t make it to the photo archive! Also the odd one out here was the one for me as I ran out of the paper I had been using for the rest!
I did add a couple more pages but didn’t photo them whilst unattached … plus included little messages for my friends. I did however make a little flip through video and share it on YouTube.
Then I punched the top of each card with my cropadile and used a colourful book ring to fix them together.
I then went mad with ribbon scraps adding little colourful bits of trim to each of them… here they all are on my floor ready for packing.
I hope you liked this little project, I certainly had lots of fun making them and thinking lovely thoughts about my friends, whom I got to know 10 years ago this year.
Today I have another of the Journal with me pages in my Christmas journal. Once again I videoed the process so here is the Link.
I chose the busiest page in my journal where I had put down loads of scraps and then grabbed a whole load of supplies gifted to me during the advent coin swaps last year. Decided to journal the Christmas pj’s for last year, it was the first time we had even done matching pj’s, and hubby was far from impressed but went along with the fun despite a few moans!
I did the whole page in 15 mins inspired by the challenge over at Lollipop Box Club and it was good to push myself to make quick decisions. Even within the 15 mins I changed my mind quite a few times and faffed about with the eyelet setter for quite a while!
Love how this finished up with lots of layers and interest on the page and pleased how I used up lots of bits from the stash to make the page work.