Todays blog is a culmination of 2 different YouTube videos as I made them in two sessions!
And here are the pictures…
Sweet and fun tuck spots and pockets for Lisa to use as she wishes in her journal.
Today I have another of the Journal with me pages in my Christmas journal. Once again I videoed the process so here is the Link.
I chose the busiest page in my journal where I had put down loads of scraps and then grabbed a whole load of supplies gifted to me during the advent coin swaps last year. Decided to journal the Christmas pj’s for last year, it was the first time we had even done matching pj’s, and hubby was far from impressed but went along with the fun despite a few moans!
I did the whole page in 15 mins inspired by the challenge over at Lollipop Box Club and it was good to push myself to make quick decisions. Even within the 15 mins I changed my mind quite a few times and faffed about with the eyelet setter for quite a while!
Love how this finished up with lots of layers and interest on the page and pleased how I used up lots of bits from the stash to make the page work.
A few weeks ago I made a signature for a junk journal as a Christmas journal. No rules for what I’m putting in it… except Christmas stuff!
So I used American Crafts and Making Cards magazine papers and some watercolour paper for the signature. I videoed making the signature in case you are interested.
Well I’ve now made a page and used a couple of pics of me from New Years Eve 2020 and part of a Christmas card I received.
I added the photos and bits of journalling tucked behind the Christmas card… and some embellishments made using gloss gel through a stencil onto the green paper.
Really happy with the finished page. I did video it again so feel free to go and see how it came together.
Entering this into the “red” challenge at Academy Scrap Art
Hello again… more tags to share with you today.
This time I went for peach coloured tags, and randomly one navy one! This time I used some American crafts papers for this bunch and added bits and pieces from the tin of leftovers. This is where I die cut or stamp elements for a project and don’t end up using them all so I pop them in a tin for use another day. This is where I had a few sprigs and a few Peace and Joy stamped/ die cut and layered together already!
So I layered and added bits of ribbon and cardstock and sentiments and called them done!
The next set of tags I have to share are completely different in their look… cute and modern and fun!
These ones I used one of my favourite ever Making Cards magazine sets with the winter friends images. I added the Nordic jumper background as the paper and then did some simple colouring using promarkers to the printed images.
As the tags were black I then chose to emboss the sentiments onto the black using either white or silver embossing powder. Again scraps of ribbon to finish off!
Tomorrow I’ll have some more fun tags to share with you!
So when I saw that the challenge at CHNC Christmas blog was use a bell or two I knew I needed to use this stamp from Woodware. I then decided to do paper piecing to fill it in and make a fun modern card.I used some American Crafts papers and stamped the big words a few times… and then went to town cutting out!I added some shading using promarkers and then some snow for the dot on the i!I added the other stamped sentiment from the set as a strip which I edged with the grey promarkers.
Then on the inside I paper pieced two of the bell images as a finishing touch!
I’ve realised I never got round to sharing what we did actually make at the gelatos session on Tuesday… well we made a great big mess!
Yes this was the table post session… piles of stash, scraps and many many many baby wipes! Lol!
Ok so what did we actually make.
Well the samples I shared on Tuesday but on the night we made some different stuff but using the same techniques. None of us really finished out projects but most of us got close on at least one…
First our scrapbook pages…
Then our sunset cards…
Next our stencilled background cards (mine and Karen’s ended up as starts of ATCs)…
The dragonfly one just above was a a demonstration I did. Unfortunately we ran out of time for doing this one.
Once I have finished some of these off properly (of the ones that are mine!) I will share more pics.
Tonight some of the usual gang are coming over to mine to play with gelatos. Here are the samples I made.
First an ombre blended background with a silhouette die cut and stamped sentiment.
Next a background with loads of stencilling and some lovely Lin Brown stamps.
And then I promised a scrap page… always a challenge to teach as it will depend on the photos they want to scrap as to what might be suitable. With that in mind the papers are fairly generic from American Crafts 6×6 pad and I used modelling paste to add texture. Then I used the packaging technique for adding the gelatos.
And finally an ATC (of course) using resist in the background and then diecutting the ombre background for the hot air balloon.
So a bit of a mixed bag of projects but hopefully something for everyone!