42 years of marriage is what my parents celebrated today… So I made this card. Unfortunately not managed to get the card to them yet… But as they know getting cards to people on time is not my strength… lockdown or no lockdown!
I kept it relatively simple. A piece of Art by Marlene paper that I stamped the Clarity stamps wired heart all over, and then edged.
Then I stamped and embossed with pearl powder the heart onto white and cut it out.
I added a strip of lime ribbon and stamped the sentiment onto the card blank. I then grabbed some sequins and added those as the finishing touch!
Simple but a lovely modern anniversary card for my mum and dad.
Today I have the cards I made to send the Russian art dolls to the swap recipients… they include papers from the stash swap challenge I shared over the past few days… and of course are Russian art doll themed!
I used the same template as I used for the dolls… but this time I cut them from patterned paper in the stash.
The faces were from the Art by Marlene die cuts and I added doodling and shading and a little pics of doily for the frill on the headscarf.
I also added the sticky embellishments as buttons.
I adhered both dolls to a piece of card I stamped some texture into the background and doodled the border. I also added the hello sentiment.
I decided to use red card blanks to give the white panel something to contrast against.
Cute and super simple little creations with the use of the Art by Marlene faces.
Recently I’ve started using a Big Happy Planner so I thought I would share a few spreads here so you could see what I’ve been up to…This one is the first weekly one and I’d already started documenting the week by this point. I used Art by Marlene collage papers and butterfly punches to add the fun elements. I also added some washi tape and some stickers from Art by Marlene.Next week I used some old stickers from Stampin Up.The before the pen (ish!) Spread above, and below half the week completed.For the third week I took some printable sheets a Facebook group member had provided to use Game of Thrones as the theme.Finding this a fun way to organise myself and have ordered myself a mini version as a more portable version than this Big planner so will see how that works.Hope you like this little view into my new obsession.Happy crafting!Catherine
Another circle journal to share with you today, this time for Tricia.
It is a lovely Kraft background to work on so I decided to go for a white gesso messy background.
In addition to the gesso dry brushing I added some stamping in white craft ink. I used a mixture of stamps from Hot Picks and this gave me a nice finish.
Next I started pulling papers and ribbons from my stash and putting them together as I fancied a layered piece and plenty of sewing. So out came the sewing machine.
Then I got the Neocolours out and added some shading and definition to the layers and added some details.
Next I started bringing together the focal images and started building up the pages. I decided to add images from the stamped fabric stash from our weekend with James Sharpe. I think Tricia (who I was lucky enough to sit opposite all weekend) would appreciate seeing me using them.
I also grabbed tags from an Artful Days kit and added them in, but before they made it into the final pages I added distress inks to change the colour a little. I also decided to add some more details to the layers with a bit of stamping and added some shimmery watercolour to add a different texture, oh and I moved things round a little on the final pages so that Albert was on the other side!
Next I added rub ons and sentiment stickers to the page. I also added some splattered black soot distress ink and some white pen marks.
And then I grabbed the black puffy paint and added some dots around the pages as embellishments. And I called it finished!
Love how eclectic this is and love that white background behind the pop of lime and teal colours.
Also love all the loose threads that come from me being a messy sewer and the loose edges to the layers. Those rub ons also work well in keeping the layers light and fresh.
Hopefully Tricia likes what I made too… and now it is time for me to start work on the next journal.
Today I am sharing the tag I made for last month’s swap at UK stampers forum.
I decided to use a new Gorjuss Girl stamp and paper piece and mask her to add more stamping and blended ink behind her.
I kept the colours bright and spring like using Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass and Peacock feathers for the blending and stamping behind the girl. I also used some washi tape and stickers to add embellishments.
I paper pieced her outfit using Art by Marlene collage paper as the colours were perfect on the scrap I had out on the desk already. I also love using the coloured staples for adding an embellishment along with the sequins.
I had to use one of the Art by Marlene chubby chicks for the diet themed postcard I made for a swap.
First I added distress ink and some splatters as a background along with the distress resist spray to protect some of it before adding more splashes, this time adding some shimmery watercolour paints and art alchemy sparks paints.
Then I added some of the Art by Marlene collage paper and one of the die cuts over the top.
Then I added some of the stickers onto card and added a frame around each using the shimmer watercolour paint.
Love how this came out… And strictly speaking not against my current WW plan … which is not a starvation diet and encourages living a full life.