Whilst I was staying with Lynn last weekend we celebrated her Mum’s birthday so I raided Lynn’s craft room to make her a birthday card.
My first port of call was to grab a pack of paper off the pile and let that determine the card I made.
I chose some bright and heavily patterned papers so I knew I needed to keep images simple so chose some flowers.
The blue wave was cut from one of the patterned pieces and creates a nice contrast with the straight stripes.
Added a sentiment and card candi to finish off. I also inked lightly the edge of the backgrounds to bring them all into a coordinated finish.
Thanks once again Lynn for letting me have free reign in the magic craft room!
Straight to the quick this week…
When I saw this picture I knew it was a perfect prompt for Thursday Treasures! But how to use it to get me started?
Well after a bit of pondering, I looked through the pile of projects half done, and found a page I had started in early August at Helen’s class which was for a photo of the princess at the beach creating her name out of pebbles…. Perfect!
Loved the way Helen did this layout, but have to admit I struggled with the journalling with the tickets being small. But still a fun and arty page!
It has been a little while since I played with a sketch…. So it was time to do one for Thursday Treasures…
So this is what I did with it…
I used the Flower Pot papers left from the last class Helen held I was able to attend to create this lovely page full of colour and pattern! Plenty of scraps used up to fill the page with fun! Loved adding the doodles too in the white pen.
Finally got round to finishing this months Moments & Memories scrap!
. And it works for Thursday Treasures too… Just wait and see!
I actually started this last month at Helen’s excellent class, but have only just got round to finishing. When I looked at what Helen had designed for us, it looked like my M&M sketch enough for me to use it for this challenge!
So I used the lovely Flowerpot DSP and plenty of die cuts from Helen’s collection. There is also some embossing folders and some little candy dots thrown in, with some doodling and a bit of hidden journalling tucked behind the picture. I also added some stickers from the stash too!
Love how this finished up… A bright and joyful page, just like my sweet great niece Isabel.
Now how does this fit into Thursday Treasures? Well look at the theme for this week…
I would say that I definitely managed to kill a few birds with this stone! Ha ha ha!
This weeks Thursday Treasures was a hard one for me … Until I realised I had a scrap page pretty much ready and perfect for the challenge!
I am not a big sports fan, or participant! However the princess is turning out to enjoy the active life! So at Helen’s last class one of the pages I started was using pictures from her sports day! Perfect to do this too! This is where I got to in class…
As per usual I didn’t stick things down and then it has been left for a few weeks to get finished. But now it is done!
Lots of corner rounding and outlining/doodling in white pen going on! This seems to be a bit of a theme at the moment for me!
Straight off I know some people will hate this … But others will LOVE it!
Have fun being in the pink!
As for me… Well I actually decided to use a page I started a couple of weeks ago and finish it off for this as it had a base of the required pink! But as the papers are very mixed in colour… You may suggest that I strayed from the remit … But hey it is my challenge and this works as a “pink” layout for me!
Here was the starting point with the sketch from Helen but using slightly different DSP and some added bits and pieces!
I decided on florals rather than spots for mine!
I also added a large doily as a layer underneath the vertical panel. This was it at the point I started it. It then got left until I finished it today. Before I started putting it together I made some decisions …
1. I changed the DSP vertical panel to also be floral so I had all three florals on show … This is so different for me but I like it!
2. I corner rounded everything!
3. I went stash shopping in my existing stash and found stickers and little hessian tags etc. which I added to the layout.
4. I wanted to incorporate some stamping so I added some stamped, water coloured and then glazed flowers which are my new stamps Darcy designed for Paperartsy. Love them! I kept them washed out in style to contrast with the bold DSP.
So I finished with this…
I decided on the green strips of journalling with the white pen, and some blue and white squiggly line doodles for outlines.
This is a madly busy page, and quite in contrast from my usual style but the paper spoke to me with these pictures of the princess having fun on the hay bales at the farm and so I just went with the flow!