This page was done with the remaining stash that Helen supplied at last months scrap booking class that I finally got round to finishing last weekend!
This time blank canvas … No sample to follow from Helen …
I love Island Indigo so no issue to me to have this cardstock as a base… I did end up cutting another piece of the Venetian Romance DSP from my stash to ground the page a little better … And also added in the flowers from my stash to embellish the page!
Yesterday I did another two pages I’ve not yet shared … One of which I have for you now and another later … Maybe on Tuesday?
So here is Helen’s sample for the class that I was aiming to complete…
Here is how mine looked at the end of the class…
And now the page looks a little different…
Partly different because once again I stuffed up… My placement of the DSP etc went wonky on the Pistachio Pudding and looked odd so I had to reduce it in size… And partly because I didn’t quite get the layout because it wasn’t my style at all and I struggled to get it so I was happy with it as Helen had arranged it. Don’t get me wrong, I love Helen’s page, but with my pictures I wasn’t loving it so much! But as soon as I moved thevery vanilla panel and punched out the title it suddenly worked for me and I was happy with it!
Hope you like! I do love these Venetian Romance DSP. I think there might be many more wedding pictures scrapped with this set!
It is a running joke that I can’t follow instructions and always end up doing something different from the rest of the class. Well fortunately Helen is quite relaxed about this and hasn’t got an issue with my completely mucking stuff up and then doing something different as a result!
So it will be of no surprise that I didn’t quite do what Helen was suggesting for this page!
Helen’s guide layout was …
And at the end of my class this was my layout …
Today I started to actually finish it off… But somewhere along the way a piece of DSP has gone missing… Not really a surprise considering the mess in the craft room having made it back into a bedroom for my parents… So I had to make some changes! Of course!
So here is where I ended up!
So a change to Very vanilla cardstock and stamped on it the fabulous Hello Doily stamp in Crisp Canteloupe and then placed the other two pieces of DSP onto the base.
Otherwise I pretty much kept it similar but I do have one little detail to note… I did some sewing! I sewed the Elasticated fringe ribbon onto some cardstock to keep it straight before sewing it down. I do love this knicker elastic as it has been fondly nicknamed in our group of crafters, but it is so difficult to stick down straight due to its elasticity… Apparently sewing it to cardstock works though.
My final touches were that of glitter … Courtesy of ‘champagne’ stickles added to the wooden embellishment and to the little punched circles.
So I hope Helen is her usual relaxed self about today’s layout and likes how I changed it! I must admit I love it!
Yes it is that time of the month where I go and play with friends at Helen’s class. This time we were scrap booking which in addition to being good fun, I always find really interesting to see how someone else scraps pictures and has their own take on the craft. Helen is a great scrapper. She has some fab layouts and some lovely techniques up her sleeves. So as usual a great class. I did however not exactly finish anything at the class, partly as I was tired and didn’t want to make a mess when sticking down, and also partly because in true Helen style, I didn’t want to commit 100% to my layout until I was certain … This became more important especially as I decided to scrap our wedding photos… Didn’t want to ruin it or decide on something else after sticking down!
Helen is fortunately very used to me not following the instructions and doing my own thing, and in fact it is now a technique of the class called ‘doing a Catherine’ if you do something different … Although usually it’s because I’ve done something wrong so have to change things around as a result!
Anyway on with the scrapping.
Helen’s inspiration for the page I am sharing because I did finish it tonight is here…
And here is my page all laid out at the class ready for adhering. I have started doing this taking a picture thing when I reach a stopping point on a layout … It helps me remember what I was doing, and also see if there are things that need to move.
Already you can see I was starting to do things differently. We had made circle flower embellishments for one of the other layouts, so I thought I would add some to this layout too. Plus I had not used 3x 3 photos like Helen’s but instead a 6x 3 and a 3×3 … Partly as they worked best for the papers, but also because I was already being awkward!
After I took the photo I tipped the entire layout into a bag ready to bring home and finish off when I had time. The other two layouts I did on the night are exactly the same and still in the bag all messed up!
I did however decide to do this. So I opened my phone gallery and found the photo to follow… Although I can’t even follow my own rules as here is the page at the end…
I made the first change purely by mistake … A true ‘doing a Catherine’! I hadn’t realised that it was meant to be the Very Vanilla cardstock and not the Crisp Canteloupe! But I actually think it looks great … And the joy of SU papers means they match and coordinate so well!
The other changes were by choice. I also added some bits and pieces to finish off too! I had to say that the papers are so fabulous. They are called Venetian Romance and I can see me using them quite often for scrapping our wedding pictures. Just perfect!