I am very late with this one… it should have been finished two days ago and shared yesterday… ooops… better late than never though!
The theme for this fortnight at Back to Basics and Beyond challenge blog is Triple stamping and I hadn’t done this for a while.
I used a background stamp and my stamp positioner (platform) for mine.
First I cut the papers and the mats for each layer. Then I stamped just the paper.
I chose to use a few shades of the teal ink for my card.
Then I layered them up.
I decided to finish with the Petal Palette flower image, a band of pink cardstock and a pink card blank I made.
I also added the light turquoise sequins.
Love how the bold background is softened by the image.
This evening I am going to celebrate the marriage of Jayne (one of my raggy doll sisters) and Simon along with a few of my other raggy doll sisters. I can’t wait!
So as by this time I will be partying this is a scheduled post to show you the card I made.
I chose to use Spellbinders dies for the background and then Stampin Up Petal Palette stamps and dies for the floral elements and the Mr and Mrs stamp again from Stampin Up. I kept to a soft pink colour palette using two tones of pink cardstock and watercolouring the flowers which I had embossed in the champagne embossing powder.
I gave the elements some dimension with foam tabs and added some dots of liquid pearls around the focal images.
Love how this all looked. The inside of the card is similar but a lot more simple…
Leaving me plenty of room for my message of love to the happy couple!
So happy for Jayne and Simon. May they enjoy a lifetime of happiness together.
Candy canes is the theme over at CHNC and I spotted this paper in my stash that was perfect… but I wanted to change it up a bit and used a die to cut the cover panel which includes the fab little windows which I inlaid with the patterned paper.
I finished it with a banner and cut apart from the same paper and them added a chipboard sentiment for added dimension.
Today on CHNC the challenge Hazel has come up with is to use a house/building on out Christmas card. I decided to use the stamps that came with a magazine last year that had a coordinating circle die.I chose this woodland lodge image with the deer and added some colour using my watercolour pencils and a waterbrush to blend. Then cut them out.
Next I chose two very different sets of patterned paper from the stack I had put together a few months ago to make my Christmas card making easier.
The first one, a distressed earthy coloured set with brown cardstock mats and a kraft card blank.I added the strip of craft and stamped and embossed the sentiment. Then a bow of twine.The second I used the Winter Frost paper one and added embossing for the sentiment and round the edge of the circle and the paper panels. I added this one to a white card blank I had made from linen cardstock.Love how both of these came out. Both different and yet the same focal image.
Today’s blog is a design team contribution that I made at the very last minute and still have stained hands as a result.
The challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond is to Use a Spray and I’ve used my good but very messy Dylusions sprays!
So I started with a piece of card and a stencil and some cool colours of inks…
And I have no control using Dylusions so this saturated the card, bled under the stencil, and made the desk very messy!
But still a cool effect once dry. I did also try a little imprint of the stencil using the excess ink which was fun.
Next I used the white Dylusions ink and a different stencil.
This again puddles ink a little but some areas the circles were more defined.
I then added more yellow ink using a circle aperture to make it only in the centre.
I dried the cardstock and trimmed it down to become a card topper and then started stamping and doodling to create this card.
I used stanps from Alpaca Pals and a Tim Holtz die to finish off.
Love how this looks.
The variance in colour in the background and the subtle patterns are really cool.
Hope you like my experiment with sprays. Please grab your own sprays and join us on the blog.
Today is another of the princess’ friends birthdays… and here is the card I made.
I created a rainbow using the Happy Celebrations stamps and then using some dies I die cut the film strip and then used the Mama Elephant Dogs Woof stamp to add the cute little dog pics!
I then added the sentiment by hand stamping and embossing it.
On the inside I added some more stamping and another of the little dogs and some die cut and stencilled words.
I added some black dots using a fine liner to add some more elements.
Love how this turned out… and that little dog on the inside reminds me of lovely little Lottie, Kaitlyns dog…
Yesterday I revealed the theme for the swap in my Artist Trading Coins UK swaps group over on Facebook… Butterflies.
I figured it would be an easy theme for people to join in with as there are so many butterfly themed crafting things around and not the hardest things to draw or paint either!
I decided to use a lot of supplies that were hanging around on my desk to make mine.I chose papers from Making Cards magazine kit that I had never got round to putting away for covering the coins and then added another layer of a partially die cut wall (Tim Holtz dies). Then I die cut book print using the leaf die from Petals and More. Then took a shiny leaf from the stash, copper thread and some little flower embellishments.
Then for the butterfly…. Butterfly basics little text butterfly which I white heat embossed on some bronze cardstock and stuck it down. I then stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto shrink plastic and heat it so it became a cute embellishment.Absolutely love these textural and layered coins with fun embellishments.
Hopefully the eventual recipients do too!