Bitty Banner framelits, Forever Flourishing, One Sheet Wonder OSW, Ribbons, Sheena Douglass Embossing Folders, Winter Frost, Wreath Builder

Another one sheet wonder using winter frost and wreath builder dies

I have another one sheet wonder to share using the long since retired Winter Frost Dsp. This time the paper was a lot darker and bolder than the other ones I shared previously. This led to me wanting to add vellum to add a lighter touch to the cards.

Here is the cutting guide I followed…

… and here are all but two of the cards I made.

The remaining three panels (1,3,4) are the 4×4 panels which when they have a mat are too big for these a6 size cards. So I will share those another day!

As you can see they turned out to be quite busy cards with the embossed vellum adding a second pattern as well as texture!

I decided to steer away from stamped images completely and just use coloured cardstock with the white to create my wreaths. I mixed up the different wreath styles and added in foliage and flowers.

I chose to use either Basic Grey, Smoky Slate or White card blanks and cut them lengthways so they open on the left and stand easily even in this landscape format. I also backed most of the panels with a panel of basic black to give a lighter edge to the vellum panel.

Card 1: to be shared another day

Card 2: I actually turned this into two cards…

Card 3: to follow another day

Card 4: to follow another day

Card 5:

Card 6:

Card 7:

Card 8:

Card 9:

Card 10:

Card 11:

Card 12:

Card 13:

Card 14:

I love the Wreath Builder dies so much but must admit I also added some of the dies from the Forever Flourishing set too just to add some variance to the foliage on the wreaths.

The sentiments were both from the retired Good Greetings stamp set.

I loved adding the pop of pinks on these cards and also how the vellum over the patterned paper on some cards gave it a different look.

I went through scraps of ribbon to make teeny tiny bows for the wreaths too and added the little adhesive snowflake sequins as a little added embellishment.

I chose for those not mounted on white card blanks to make an insert for them… I did this using one sheet of white to create four inserts. I stamped in a cross and then cut it into four parts and then trimmed it down so they were slightly smaller than the card blank.

When I share the three remaining cards I made from this OSW I will link back here so you can see them all.

Happy crafting!

Catherine

Bitty Banner framelits, Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn stamps, Ribbons

Aloha! Time to party!

Today is one of the princess’ best friends birthday (And her twin birthday too… happy birthday Matthew!). Tonight I have seven 11/12 year olds sleeping over to celebrate both Hannah’s birthday and Maya’s from last week.

So we have a tropical themed decor going on… plenty of pineapples and flamingos!

And I’ve gone for a simple but fun theme for the party bags…

I created little clusters of fun patterned papers and then the lovely Lawn Fawn pineapples (coloured with distress ink and heat embossed) and some die cut banners handstamped with their names.

I added some strips of ribbon too that coordinates too and attached them to the bags with coloured staples.

So this is them last night (Yes as usual I was last minute… and today need to actually do something about putting something in them!) and later today I will have to share the cards I made for Hannah and Matthew!

Happy crafting!

Catherine

Beautiful Brocade, Bitty Banner framelits, Bitty Banners, Butterfly, Chevron, Designer Series Paper, Dies, Honeycomb, Lacy Brocade, One Sheet Wonder OSW, Papillion Potpourri, Secret Garden, Secret Garden framelits, Stripes, Use them or Lose them, Watercolor wings

One sheet wonder … errrm three sheets

Part of the Use them or Lose them challenge of the year is to use some of the paper I have stashed. I have been trying to use stuff from the scraps box where possible to try and work through that but there is also the mountain of uncut 12 x 12 sheets of dsp so I decided to do a one sheet wonder type project… although ended up using three sheets of DSP so I could get some variety.

image

I didn’t follow a osw cutting guide, instead headed over to Mojo Monday and followed a load of sketches from November and October 2015 to design the cards and cut everything up.  I added two sheets of Primrose Petals cardstock, one crumb cake and one wild wasabi plus a few bits and pieces of scrap cardstock that were hanging around the desk.

image

Next I started assembling, embossing, die cutting and stamping… and ended up with 15 cards for the box at work!
image
image
image

image
image
image

image
image

image
image

image
image

image
image
image

Love how these all came out.

Entering this into the Crafty hazelnut patterned paper monthly challenge.

Happy crafting!

Catherine