Gold isn’t my go to accent but that was what the challenge was for this week at CHNC … so that’s what I used.
I used a ready made up card topper in quite a large size (this is an A5 card blank) which used some Papermania patterned paper.
I added this to the gold Angel hair paper so it was matted with the gold and then added another square of the gold Angel hair to the top.
Onto this I added a white die cut and a Tim Holtz paper doll. Then I added the chipboard sentiment to keep with the vintage mixed with clean white of the papers.
Love how this came together.
Wonder if the rest of the team on the blog found adding gold easy… maybe I ought to think about using this Angel hair paper in more of my projects as it adds a really fun layer.
Yesterday whilst the hubby watched football I crafted… and made a lot of cards. Some are future design team projects and some were just for fun … but all featured the images from a past issue of Making Cards magazine and some papers from the stash.
I love these bright papers and the cute girl… and couldn’t resist making all of these cards.
I particularly like the one with the die cut background… mainly because that die is a pain to get it cut and to clear up all the intricate piece after you’ve got them out of the die and the cut.
For all of them I added glossy accents to add shine and dimension and also some wink of Stella for shimmer. I added the sequins, card candi or gems to embellish and the die cut foiled sentiments to finish off.
Happy with these cute cards… and it made a nice change from all the mixed media and masterboard projects I’ve been working on.
Yesterday we celebrated the wedding of Tracy and Mark in the beautiful lake district. Today I can share the card I made for them.
I die cut the flowers from some ombre cardstock and layered them onto vellum and a layer of kraft card and sewed it to adhere it.
Then the butterfly was using the fab watercolour wings and I did one layer of the butterfly into vellum and then another onto whisper white. The vellum one I then heat embossed with clear to give it some texture.
Underneath the butterfly I added some die cut flourishes and sprigs which I added ink to some to give some definition and the sentiment from a Woodware set on a die cut label. The finishing touch was lots of pearl gems scattered around the cluster.
Inside the card I created a panel and edged it lightly with the Wisteria Wonder ink and then stamped the butterfly using the same colours (2nd generation ink) as on the front and added the stamped message.
Really happy with how this intricate card looked and wishing the happy couple love and happiness for their future.
And as an aside the gift bag I got matches the card with the days schedule left in our hotel perfectly so I think I judged them just right.
Because I chose kraft as the base for my card I can also share it on the Paperartsy challenge blog... Love all the inspiration Darcy provides.
And of course I’m going to share a pic or two from yesterday…
Yesterday I shared two more masculine cards using the Half Full stamps and papers from Making Cards magazine. Tonight I have a girly card using the papers and stamps.
I kept it really simple with the jazzy striped paper and added the mount of Melon Mango and then another piece to the top. I added a die cut sentiment and then some ric rac stickers from the stash to add a little pop of colour.
The stamped bottle I decided to add pink elements with promarkers. I then added wink of Stella for shimmer. Then I added the sparkly gems to finish off.
So a pink wine card… perfect for so many of my friends.
Earlier this month I held a crafting session with friends and I never got round to sharing the cards I ended up making during the class. As per usual I swapped things up so I wasn’t making the same as the samples…
The theme of the class was watercolour and florals and I love how differently these all ended up.
Hello there. Tonight I am teaching my friends again. I chose to explore watercolours and flowers as the theme of the class… so I have these four cards as samples…
Love how they all came put differently.
Tonight I’ve got some of my friends popping over to craft and we are going to create a masterboard and then use it to make some christmas cards. So one piece of white cardstock makes backgrounds for six cards, each finished off differently. In total I used 5 a4 sheets of white card stock and then paints, stamps, stencils and die cuts… and all just in a couple of hours… or at least that’s the plan!
Here was my masterboard for the samples…
Lots of lovely fresco finish paints!
And this is how I cut it to make a One sheet Wonder type of thing…
Once I had cut it I decided on how to put them onto the card blanks I had made.
Then I set to on decorating each of them.
1. I used the Card Builder dies from Stampin Up and added shimmer using my Wink of Stella pen.
2. Ornaments from Carols of Christmas heat embossed in white embossing powder on the small panel.
3. Die cuts from Tim Holtz and tag from Santa Builder die set.
4. First edition die cut trim and embossed the Carols of Christmas sentiment in blue.
5. Stamped and die cut the tree on a scrap piece I had used to add paint to the masterboard and then heat embossed it. Punched out and added to a stitched shape die cut.
6. First edition die cut wreath.
Love these arty cards. So much fun to make the masterboard and easy to finish them off!
Wonder how everyone tonight will get on. I love that every masterboard will be different and so they will no doubt make some different decisions.