Hello… I played with some Creative Stamping magazine stamps and die cuts and made a rainbow themed floral tag for this months UK stampers forum tag swap and I love it! ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤍
I started with a kraft tag that I had previously embossed with the Baked Texture embossing powder using versamark I had added to a stencil and then popped through the big shot to apply the ink. I’ve had this on the desk for the last few months as I actually did this way back in July! I decided however I wanted to play bright rainbow so added the wide rainbow washi tape, then decided on what image I wanted to use. I actually ended up using an image from Creative Stamping magazine kit that the stencil came from as it had the right number of flowers to make a rainbow of flowers.
I coloured the flowers in using a mix of Promarkers and Stampin Blends and then fussy cut it out. I added foam underneath and added the long thin die cuts from Splendid Stems underneath cut from white to add contrast. Then I decided on a simple die cut Hello for the sentiment.
For embellishment I chose some mirror card candi … if you closely enough in the photos you may glimpse me taking the pics because they are that shiny! I also chose the black and white gingham ribbon for trim as again it ties in the black and white for on the tag against all that bright colour!
I chose to use the Little Fishes image and to print on mixed media cardstock and watercolour with SU inks. Love how it came out. I decided the image was a little bit large for my card though (I should have printed it smaller!) so did chop off the edge a little.
The theme for this challenge is embossing fun so I grabbed a stencil and a piece of cardstock and using versamark through the stencil, then adding the fabulous Baked Texture embossing powder I created the panel of splashes. This has a lovely texture and mix of colours and is a lovely way of adding something special into the card.
I also chose to emboss the die cut birthday which makes it into a lovely dimensional glossy embellishment.
I did add a panel of dsp in the Tahitian Tide too and put all those elements on a pale green card blank. The cardblank was A4 size but I trimmed it down to 6×6 and then used an offcut to die cut the Happy letters. I did think it needed something else whilst I was putting it together so die cut the cloud from Gummipan as a final element.
Last month I said I don’t use characters in my cards often and then 2 months on the run I’ve ended up with character based cards! Lol! The reality is I needed to make some little boy cards so these images and fun papers came in handy … and so I saved them to share for my design team contribution!
Both cards are similar with the same big Heffy Doodles die cut as a big feature and then the same sentiment stamp, but I did mix them up a little with the colours as the first I added the royal blue into the mix, and the second I made a watercolour/ smooshed ink cardstock to die cut and stamp onto!
For both cards I die cut the 💙 from the top of the i a few extra times to add as embellishments. On the first card I also stacked the sentiment to give it even more dimension.
Inside the cards (and on the envelopes) I added scraps of the paper left over. Oh I also must mention that the stripey paper was not diagonally striped originally but I thought it looked better at the angle hence I ended up with a triangular piece inside the card. May seem like an obvious way to use striped paper but I rarely twist the paper and so thought I ought to mention it!
Love how both of the cards came out, particularly like that watercolour/ smooshed ink die cut.
When I was messing around with (attempting to tidy up but failing!) old papers I found some gorgeous mandala papers from Making Cards magazine and decided to use one of the pages of the kit to make a tag. In my drawer I then found a large Art by Marlene tag and it seemed perfect for the job!
I cut the mandala out and then also cut the second one, but only the central part. I sandwiched a doily between the two layers for some added texture and then went to town with the sewing machine.
I decided to use some bright orange and pink cardstock to then create some fun elements and of course it needed some stamping for the UK stampers forum swap so I stamped and embossed Cottage Rose onto the orange, and then stamped and embossed the sentiment strips. These sentiment strips are so cute from a set by Funky Fossil.
I decided to die cut the letters (heffy doodle dies) for the best wishes and stack them to give more dimension. I also added foam under the flower to lift that up. On the wishes letters I added glossy accents to give it more shine.
I added some white posca paint pen dots for the edge and round the mandala element and then some card candi to embellish. The pom pom trim went perfectly with the tag so had to staple that onto the top.
Don’t think I’ve ever done this big a tag for UK stampers forum swap before… probably won’t again because I know this will cost more to post, but on this occasion I think it is worth it!