I decided to just start layering up pink colours on my coins and see where I got to with it… no plan!
As you can see I also added black and white to my pink themed coins.
I started with coins cut from packaging so gave them a coat of gesso. Then added neocolours and water, followed by stamping in a different shade of pink. Then patterned paper which I added the neocolours to. I punched part of a circle out of cardstock I had coloured with dylusions inks in pink and purple.
I had a hunt in the box of used foreign stamps and found three in different shades of pink. I also added washi strips too. I didn’t mind that I was mixing different shades and tones of pink… it all worked together.
I hunted in the box where I keep die cut scraps and found flowers and leaves I could also use.
Then I finished off with the hugs die cut (lawn fawn) and the friend stamp (avery elle) and the pink coloured pearls.
I’ve really got a thing for journalling at the moment… especially junk type journals. Well this was following s class that Lollipop Box Club’s Lisa is doing Patreon and I decided not only to follow the class but to make a similar themed journal as her sample/demo… a journal of things that make me smile.
I had loads of fun with an old Ladybird book, taking it apart (carefully) and then decorating it and putting it back together to make a journal.
I started with this second hand book which I bought off Etsy. I’d love to go to a second hand book shop in real life, but it’s just not possible in lockdown so etsy it had to be!
I carefully removed the pages from the book, it handily came out in three signatures and then added some gesso to the cover.
I chose some patterned papers to add to the signatures and then realised I needed to widen the spine so I cut the spine and added patterned paper to create the wider spine. I strengthened it to make sure it was going to hold and then went to town decorating the front.
I used a lot of scraps I had to hand some bits and bobs I had lying around. I included some things that are favourites of mine… bright colours, the Darcy heart, sari silk ribbon, tags, bookprint and glossy accents on the die-cut smile.
Then I bound the signatures in using the brightly coloured twine.
Really looking forward to working in this journal adding in the things and stories that make me smile. Not sure if I have mentioned on the blog already or not but my word of the year is smile so this seems like a good project to help me achieve my goals of bringing a smile to every day.
On this particular day (I made it a couple of weeks ago) what made me smile a lot was sharing the table to create with my daughter who was working on her textiles gcse work. I got so much pleasure out of watching her create.
These little pics may well need printing for inclusion on the first page of the journal in fact!
I was still in the zone thinking about tropical stuff (My theme for this month’s ATC swap) and had played with glimmer paste onto a piece of glossy cardstock I had added some mop up of distress oxide to…
And figured this was a good starting point for a postcard.
Once the glimmer paste was dry I added more oxides to give the background more colour.
Then I trimmed it down. I felt it needed another layer and so took another piece of the glossy cardstock and did the same technique but with more ink and deeper colours so it would contrast the top layer. Once that was dry I sewed them together to add another type of texture.
At this point there was no stamping… and that is pretty much the only criteria of the swap… so out came my trusty Lawn Fawn aloha set. I stamped and embossed on the oxide background I had made on watercolour card in perfect pineapple colours. And then the sentiment onto black cardstock strip. I adhered the strip down and added a gold staple to add another texture. Then I added the pineapple and added lots of Wink of Stella on top to make it sparkly.
I then cut a piece of mountboard and coated it in black gesso (front and back) and glued the whole piece to that… keeping to the wonky angles.
Finally I added some white enamel accents dots to add some more texture.
I then added some stamping on the other side of the card… I used distress oxides and then embossed them to provide a border.
Today is one of the princess’ best friends birthday (And her twin birthday too… happy birthday Matthew!). Tonight I have seven 11/12 year olds sleeping over to celebrate both Hannah’s birthday and Maya’s from last week.
So we have a tropical themed decor going on… plenty of pineapples and flamingos!
And I’ve gone for a simple but fun theme for the party bags…
I created little clusters of fun patterned papers and then the lovely Lawn Fawn pineapples (coloured with distress ink and heat embossed) and some die cut banners handstamped with their names.
I added some strips of ribbon too that coordinates too and attached them to the bags with coloured staples.
So this is them last night (Yes as usual I was last minute… and today need to actually do something about putting something in them!) and later today I will have to share the cards I made for Hannah and Matthew!