Badass Chick, fresco finish paints, Paperartsy, Masks/Stencils, Natural Prints, Nature's Prints

Another discovered masterboard project complete

Over the weekend I found three more cards with panels of masterboard on them ready for me to finish … I must have been in a masterboard mood but zero inspiration to turn them into finished projects … or maybe it was because they needed new stash for me to play with to finish them off? In this case … Nature’s Prints.

The colour scheme of the painty background made with Paperartsy fresco finish paints was bright but earthy pinks, oranges and yellows so I grabbed some scraps of cardstock that went with the background and of course white. I ended up with Cinnamon Cider, Calypso Coral, So Saffron. I decided the first one was the large panel that was too busy for me to put something simple on it … so instead I went mad and added three of the wreaths to almost completely cover it up!

I then added a panel of the So Saffron and a smaller layered sentiment and one of the simple daisy type flowers which I stacked to give it some dimension. Handily the gold twine was on the desk as a scrap from something else so that became the embellishment. I stamped the sentiment in Calypso Coral and then again in Versamark and added clear emboss to make it stand out a little more and give it some shine. Entering this into the flowers challenge at Daisy Chain Challenge

The next one I kept simple… one image stamped (and clear embossed over the top) and then die cut. Added with lots of dimensionals and some white twine behind it. Sentiment stamped and layered up from the scraps of cardstock.

The final one I stamped and die cut the two images, but the smaller one I stacked with some more layers of cardstock underneath to give it some dimension.

I decided I just wanted thr thank you part of the sentiment so I cut that out and added some tiny strips of foam underneath it to raise it up in the middle. Then my trusty linen thread for a bow. Kicking myself as have very little left and forgot to order on the latest order so may well run out (disaster looming!).

So pleased with how these turned out … and feel such a sense of achievement to finish off projects that I started so many years ago… I am finding so many treasures in thus much needed clear out and tidy up… I am finding plenty of rubbish too but clearly not going to blog about full bin bags! 🤣

Happy crafting!

Catherine

Natural Prints, Nature's Prints, Painted Texture

Nature’s prints first play

I have another stamp and die bundle that I’ve just bought … Nature’s Prints … and I couldn’t wait to try it out… especially that gorgeous wreath die.

I also love love love the Parakeet Party colour… it is so zingy and fresh.

So I die cut the wreath from white and then added water and the ink in Parakeet Party, Mint Macaron and Old Olive.

I then stamped the main image in Parakeet Party and die cut that. I decided I wanted a textural background so cut a panel of the white and embossed it with the Painted Texture.

I then wanted more of the zing of the Parakeet Party so swiped the ink across the cardstock, dried it and die cut the label panel. I then stamped the sentiment using Mossy Meadow to keep to the green theme!

I raised both the textured panel and the main image up on foam and then added rhinestones for some bling!

Love this and I can image using that wreath a lot. Wondering whether it would work with the retired Arrange a Wreath dies too or not… or maybe the Merriest Moments embossing folder? More experiments required! Lol!

Entering this into the Crafty Calendar challenge

Happy crafting!

Catherine

Biggest Wish, Cottage Flowers, Cottage Rose, Natural Prints, Promarkers, Letraset

Another cottage rose hello!

Went for some gentle colouring using soft colours for this card by doing lots of stamping around the edges of the white panel using Sahara Sand.

Used promarkers to then add the colour but kept the tones soft.

I mounted the panel onto foam and then onto Cinnamon Sugar cardstock and then die cut the lab from Mossy Meadow and the pretty die cuts from some random brushed gold cardstock I had in the scraps folder. I then decided to add the Biggest Wish script sentiment which I stamped onto cardstock I had coloured with the promarkers used in the background colouring. Very much an experiment card playing with the promarkers and the scraps to hand.

I did add wink of Stella to the backgrounds but as usual the camera doesn’t pick them up!

A lovely little hello card … Happy with how it turned out.

Adding this to the challenge of Say it with flowers at International Art and Soul blog

Happy crafting!

Catherine