Today I am sharing a postcard I made for a swap which had to have the theme of snowflakes!
I did mine nice and early knowing that December would be busy.
I started with a piece of grey card cut slightly smaller than the 6 x 4 size. I then covered it in the Art alchemy opal magic paint that is either pink or blue dependent on the light and the surface it is painted on. On this grey card it turned mainly pink.
I then added some snowflakes through a stencil using iridescent medium paste and left it to dry. Once dry I added other snowflake stamped images by embossing them with white powder.
This gave it a lovely texture and shine… and I am in love with that paint! here it is from a different angle to show the different colour.
I decided to make a tag to sit on the top of the card. I cut some white cardstock to size and painted that with the paint … this time because it is a white base it is blue! I added the more embossed snowflakes and then the sentiment and the edging I did using a champagne powder which looks so nice when melted.
I die cut a Snow flurry snowflake using the amazingly sparkly glimmer paper and then also added wooden snowflakes with some gems on … to add some more bling!
It is a super shiny and sparkly card that’s for sure! and that paint? well I am well and truly in love with it! I’ve put it on my Christmas wish list as I NEED more colours!
Happy crafting !
A couple of weeks ago I did a card class for my supposedly non crafting friends who turned out to be rather talented in the crafting department. I then scheduled another session with them, but two were unable to turn up… so I did the same class again for them tonight.
Then like a complete daft idiot I forgot to take pictures of their completed projects… so instead you will have to see mine. Also will add in the links to the original posts and samples…
Clare and Caroline had the full kit like last time with the DSP and the cherry cobbler mounts… I made a smaller card and grabbed a gold mount for mine.
This is fairly true to the original sample. Caroline created a very different look with a different tree stamp from the set… can’t wait to try it out myself.
Clare and Caroline had the same colour scheme as the original in kraft but as I had run out of kraft cards I improvised with this turquoise instead.
We had all manner of different panels going on for this. Clare created a nice L shape for hers which really worked although her original idea was L for learner… I think both her and Caroline (like Gwen two weeks ago) are well and truly past that stage now with 8 cards under their belt (Gwen is actually on 9 but we ran out of energy tonight after the fourth!). Link to the original
So a fab night was had by all. I’m off to sleep as had very little in the way of rest time all day and absolutely shattered!
You may recall last weeks UIUS was all about embossing Dasher … Well this week more embossing… But this time it’s Festival of Trees turn!
I kept to the same set of papers already sorted and mounted, and to the same embossing powder and sentiments… Just changed the image from the reindeer to the tree… Of and instead of ribbon as embellishment, die cut some silver snowflakes instead.
Simple but effective!
Yes a second advent calendar to share with you… This time the one for my princess.
I used the same 25 Days stamps, but this time the colour scheme matched the Winter frost DSP which I have plenty left over from last year, and I thought would make a Frozen themed advent calendar! I used plenty of die cut snowflakes, some Festive Flurry stamping and some ornaments and circles to mix it up a bit! I also decided against boxes this year. I’ve used the little milk carton boxes the last couple of years, but decided against hanging on the bannister this year. So I picked up these little bags and used them for the base. But how to display them?
Well this is the main thing to share here… I painted a canvas on which to stick the bags.
This was the first layer of paint, and added some texture paste to add snow drifts and some hints of snow on the tree. I then added stamping with paint on the canvas and then pushed it back again in the sky with another layer of black. Then the star I painted silver, and added some silver dots to the tree.
So this is the base to the calendar. Next I used some silver washi tape to add each of the little bags, in a tree sort of shape. The idea is that as the bag gets taken off the tree starts to emerge.
Well this is the idea anyway. The practice is a little different. Unfortunately the washi tape is not doing a brilliant job of keeping the little bags in place! Instead we keep finding them on the floor in the hallway. So tomorrow I think a rethink may have to happen! I suspect that some little bulldog clips may be bought and the bags may end up on the bannister after all! Ah well, at least I get a nice whimsical canvas to look at for a month whilst the Christmas spirit is in the air!
Unfortunately due to manic times at work, our Christmas decorations have not quite made it up yet. I usually have them up on the 1st! They have got as far as in the house from the garage, but no energy tonight to start decorating. Hoping tomorrow I may find some energy after work and make a start!