The challenge this week at CHNC is “no stamps”. So this challenge is always difficult for me as I rarely make a card without using stamps…But I did it!I used die cuts, stickers, patterned papers and the fab Tim Holtz paper dolls as the focal image instead!So something a little different but I liked it!
For Christmas I gave my parents and my auntie a calendar I had made with a postcard sized piece of art on each month… so today I am sharing their August artwork.
I decided that I wanted to use the Tim Holtz wildflower dies so built this around that idea.
I created a background using Paperartsy fresco finish paints and stencils and stamps. Then I added the wildflowers stamps using dye based inks and heat embossed them with clear powder.
This gave a subtle layered effect to the background.
Next I did cut some of the flowers and then added paint to them in the same colours using a sponge to create a mottled effect.
I adhered them and then added shading using Big Brush Pitt pens.
I then heat embossed the sentiment and edged the panel with versamark and added more embossing powder to that too.
Love these … so many details and layers.
This week at CHNC the challenge is to use a die cut or a punch so I decided to use my favourite moose die as the focal point!
I chose some funky papers as the background and used some ribbon to wrap round behind the moose.
I also added a sticker to some cardstock and did some doodling.
Love this moose die so much!
Today’s blog is a design team contribution that I made at the very last minute and still have stained hands as a result.
The challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond is to Use a Spray and I’ve used my good but very messy Dylusions sprays!
So I started with a piece of card and a stencil and some cool colours of inks…
And I have no control using Dylusions so this saturated the card, bled under the stencil, and made the desk very messy!
But still a cool effect once dry. I did also try a little imprint of the stencil using the excess ink which was fun.
Next I used the white Dylusions ink and a different stencil.
This again puddles ink a little but some areas the circles were more defined.
I then added more yellow ink using a circle aperture to make it only in the centre.
I dried the cardstock and trimmed it down to become a card topper and then started stamping and doodling to create this card.
I used stanps from Alpaca Pals and a Tim Holtz die to finish off.
Love how this looks.
The variance in colour in the background and the subtle patterns are really cool.
Hope you like my experiment with sprays. Please grab your own sprays and join us on the blog.
Yesterday I revealed the theme for the swap in my Artist Trading Coins UK swaps group over on Facebook… Butterflies.
I figured it would be an easy theme for people to join in with as there are so many butterfly themed crafting things around and not the hardest things to draw or paint either!
I decided to use a lot of supplies that were hanging around on my desk to make mine.I chose papers from Making Cards magazine kit that I had never got round to putting away for covering the coins and then added another layer of a partially die cut wall (Tim Holtz dies). Then I die cut book print using the leaf die from Petals and More. Then took a shiny leaf from the stash, copper thread and some little flower embellishments.
Then for the butterfly…. Butterfly basics little text butterfly which I white heat embossed on some bronze cardstock and stuck it down. I then stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto shrink plastic and heat it so it became a cute embellishment.Absolutely love these textural and layered coins with fun embellishments.
Hopefully the eventual recipients do too!
It’s time for a new challenge at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge and this week it is vintage/shabby chic. I decided to dig out the moose die again… after all I love the vintage look to him!
I created lots of layers for this card and each is distressed … first some Tranquil Tide cardstock which I had inked with Vintage photo distress ink and splashed with water. Then a layer of wax paper. Then vellum which I had stencilled and embossed with blue powder.
Finally then the die cuts…
I cut the moose and trees from a mix of papers… vintage book print and some kraft all of which I added the ink to them to make them more vintage looking.
Finally the sentiment was added with a layer of the Dapper Denim cardstock that I had used as an accent on the moose.
Love how this came out. And just adore that moose!
Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does for this challenge over at the blog.
I’m on catch up for a couple of projects I never got round to sharing on my blog… two bunting swaps… one themed Fireworks and the other themed Christmas.
So the fireworks one I used paints to create the background and then did lots of stamping using Paperartsy stamps and a few other random stamps that I thought looked a little like fireworks. For each of them I stamped in distress oxide and then heat embossed with clear.
I then stamped the celebrate in versamark and used a sparkly white powder to heat set that. I added the little banner with good times and then some dots of stickles to add more sparkle and shine.
For the Christmas bunting I went for a patchwork background with different papers…
I then cut it down and sewed each of the seams and round the edge.
I then stamped the Darcy snowflakes and heat embossed them and added the Tim Holtz tree die cuts (these were cut from an alcohol ink background)
Next I created the little hill and stamped the snowman and coloured him with water colours.
I added the snow by using some matt medium and then sprinkling on the embossing powder.
I finished off with a Tim Holtz sticker.
Super happy with these bunting… and how different they both are in style.