I saw the sketch Martin had created for the challenge on day 18 and knew how I wanted it to look … spoiler alert it didn’t end up looking like that! Best laid plans and all that.
I used vellum to create a panel over colourful strips of cardstock ehich i embossed to create the pattern and decided to sew into place. But then I had an argument with the sewing machine.
So I ended up cutting down the vellum to get rid of the ruined part and making a much smaller card.
I did manage to fix the machine but in changing the background and dimensions you kind of lose the coloured strips underneath and one got very wonky. By the point I decided to keep going as vellum is a precious commodity. Added a laser cut snowflake and the embossed sentiment onto the top and of course a few gems.
I do like this card … but you know when you have a plan and it doesn’t quite work … that’s what happened here.
Ah well something pretty came out of the 30 min wrestling session with the sewing machine … Guess that is all that matters!