Hello! Today it was time to add a reindeer to our cards for the
CHNC blog and I chose to make a watercolour background and add some Woodware stamped images to create the scene.
I decided to emboss the card blank using the woodland embossing folder. And then kept it modern with some black card candi.
A simple but pretty card.
Entering this into the water colour challenge at
I have another
video to share today that shows the process behind this Christmas Card I made.
I love the partial embossing and the beautiful woodland feel.
Hope you enjoy the video.
Today’s card for Fab’n’Funky is a Christmas card using the lovely Paper shelter digital image.
I coloured the image quite loosely using water colours and then did a partial die cut to get the circle.
For the background I embossed the card using the Woodland folder and them added some distress ink with a stencil brush.
This is not my usual kind of image but I do like how this came out.
Today we have a new challenge over at Fab’n’Funky Challenges. The challenge is to use three or more layers on your card.
The challenge is sponsored by. …
I chose to use an image from a stamp set by Hobby which I watercoloured. I tore the image out leaving rough edges. This is layer number one.
Next I took a piece of corrugated card from my desk and tore that too to give it a rustic look. So this is layer two.
Then I took a piece of cherry cobbler coredinations and embossed it with the Woodland folder and sanded back the raised parts. Layer number three.
Finally I mounted them onto the Kraft card blank and stamped a sentiment onto a piece of torn kraft card and added that.
A lovely simple and rustic looking boys card.
Yesterday I shared the first part of the two sheet wonder I made using these jazzy graphic papers. Now time to share how I finished the others.
These four were all added to with the present from Santa’s Gifts… a Christmas set that can be used all year round for cute cards if you think carefully.
And these all had the flower from the Bliss set added.
This final one I kept simple as I thought the paper did enough.
Love how these all came out. Nice and jazzy and two sheets of dsp used up!
A good friend of mine asked me to make some cards for him… Here is batch number one.
Pretty much an identical pair of cards…
… Some Papermania paper, cherry cobbler cardstock, some early espresso coredinations run through the Woodland embossing folder and sanded back. Then a fabulous stag stamped from a magazine set along with the sentiment.
Then added the die cut Joy from the wreath framelits set… so nice.
Love how elegant this is… and join me again over the next couple of days to see the others I made.
This was the first use of the gorgeous Woodland embossing folder I bought (another tree based product… I am obsessed!)