Today the theme at CHNC is to include the word merry and I decided to go back to a style of card I made a few months ago but with a different image and fabric.
I love these fabric squares for making nice and easy backgrounds and adding the stamping onto fabric with the Hessian just finishes it off perfectly.
This time I chose the Santa stamp and coloured him using promarkers. I did my usual wonky sewing and then added the sentiment chipboard which of course included the Merry for the challenge.
I created a wintery tag for this month’s swap…
I added bookprint to the tag, then some stencilling using white acrylic paint. I also added more stencilling using texture paste. This created a nice resist for the shimmer watercolour paint I added.
Then I added stamping using both distress inks and archival. Next more stamping using versamark and embossing powder to add even more texture to the background and also for the focal image which I stamped onto white card and cut out.
I love the wintery feel of this tag. For the finishing touch I added the ribbon and twine by stapling it with coloured staples.
I also defined the edges with darker ink to give it more depth.
I’m grabbing 5 mins to blog whilst I have a coffee before taking the 13 yr old shopping for her Christmas presents (clothes!!!) … believe me, this coffee is essential!
So at the weekend I decorated my third (yes I have 3 trees) Christmas tree… but this year made some new decorations!
They started life as wooden hearts anf I chose Paperartsy fresco finish paints that worked with the purple dangler on the left hand side of the photo as these were the decorations I knew I was using.
I started by adding texture through a stencil.
I started 4 off with a base of Midnight and 3 with a base of Mulberry.
Next I built up the layers of paint…
By now you couldn’t tell which started navy or purple.
Next step was to add splatters and stamping and stencilling. Layers upon layers!
… and embossing…
I had to them one side at a time to allow for drying…. so here is the other side… similar but not the same!
Next out came the paint pens and doodling time!
I included silver, pink and white paint pens and a purple shimmery gel pen too for different finishes.
Super happy with how they ended up… and super pretty on my tree!
In the natutal light they are more of a cool purple than the in progress photos show!
Right, that is my break over… time to brave the idea of shopping at the Trafford Centre with the 13 yr old!!!
Hi there… another week that passed far too quickly!
So onto this week’s challenge at CHNC and Hazel said for us to add a thing with wings! So I went for the bird below that I decided to make into a Robin.
The background is using distress oxides onto photo paper… I’ve done this quite a few times and love the marble finish!
I stamped the image and then the tag image too. I also stamped the bird image onto some white cardstock.
Next I coloured the image with promarkers and fussy cut the image out. I also added shading beneath the tag too which helped to give the image some pop!
I am a bit late this week as I needed some daylight to take the picture of my card. Sorry!
The challenge Hazel gave us for this week’s Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog is the letter R.
I chose to add the lovely rabbit as my R to my card.
I coloured the bunny with promarkers and added fluff to the rabbits tail. I used scraps of patterned papers and embossed the sentiment in white with sequins as embellishments.
Simple and cute.
Now off to see what everyone else made for this week’s challenge and enjoy some blog hopping via CHNC.
It’s the last of the circle journals for me to work in… the wonderful Hazel’s journal. I had two sides to decorate. So here is what I did for side 1.
I went for a distress oxide background blended onto white gesso. I wiped through a stencil and this left a pattern in which I doodled into with a black posca paint pen.
I also added some white gesso marks with a card and a lid and the same with black gesso. I also added some stamping with some number background stamps.
Next I added the focal part which was the fabric stamped elements which i had added sewing to.
I recoloured the face with some distress ink too so it blended better with the colour scheme.
Then some more doodling and I was done!
Will share the other side tomorrow.
My friend and I had some fun crafting together and as there was only the two of us I decided to play sewing and fabrics for a change!
I have quite a few of these squares of Christmas fabrics and figured they would make some fun backgrounds.
Now I don’t do neat and tidy sewing… so they are very much haphazard in their finish, but I like it!I especially love adding in the different textures too with the hessian and the ribbons.I added stamping onto fabric for the focal images and chose different stitch types for the cards.
Although they come from a similar set of fabrics each looks different due to the different focal images and the choice of layering fabrics.
Super happy with how they look.
Happy crafting !