On days like today I’m grateful for having prepped some blog posts ahead of time. I’ve been ill for the past few days and crafting and blogging have not been an option… so sorry for being AWOL! Anyways…
For Christmas I gave my parents and my auntie a calendar I had made with a postcard sized piece of art on each month… so today I am sharing their June artwork.
I spotted the bright papers in my stash of scraps and decided they would make some perfect border papers. So first I painted the background using Bourganvillia fresco finish paint.
Then I created a border using the scraps of paper. Next I masked them off again to stamp in the background with the Jofy stamp… should have done this before the border was adhered…. would have been so much easier.
Next I added the black border around each bit of the border. I then heat embossed onto the plaid paper the Jofy stamp. I then added shading to it and some white highlights.
Then I added the flower and added more shading so it looks dimensional.
I then heat embossed the sentiment on to the black card and added it.
Love these funky and modern panels.
For Christmas I gave my parents and my auntie a calendar I had made with a postcard sized piece of art on each month… so today I am sharing their May artwork.
For May I played with alcohol ink and Finnabair stamps.
Love the vibrant colour and the touches of silver in the backgrounds and then the embossed circles and the black butterflies.
Slightly different size for these too as the glossy cardstock is precut to 5.5 x 4.25 inches rather than 6 x 4 like the other panels.
So the challenge of 1 2 3 card over on the Back to Basics blog took some explaining for me… it’s a card with 1 topper, 2 colours and 3 embellishments (gems, pearls etc).
I’ve never done one of these and I struggled I must admit.
Anyway I found this butterfly topper in my stash and decided to use this as the starting point… and added my three gems to that. Then I created my background panel using alcohol inks all in one colour scheme of the teal with a teal backing mat. Then I added the yellow trim that coordinated with the butterfly.
Not my usual style of cardmaking but fun to try.
And good to use up something I’ve had in the stash for quite some time!
Wonder what everyone else’s 1 2 3 cards will look like? Check out the blog to find out.
I decided to join in on a map twinchies swap where the rule was to make 4 twinchies with a map theme.
I have quite a lot of old atlas pages in my stash so used some snippets of those as the starting point cutting each to 1.75″ square as I wanted to mount them with a frame.
Then I added a thin layer of gesso and then distress oxides in aged mahogany, vintage photo and walnut stain.
Next I took a stencil and sprayed the distress resist through the stencil and this creates an interesting texture and meant when I added more oxide it created pattern too as it resisted the colour where the spray was.
Then I added some sepia archival to the edge of each panel.
Next for the mounts I created a panel with alcohol inks and the mixative to create a shiny and metallic red and brown background and cut that into 2″ squares.
I mounted the map pieces onto the alcohol ink background twinchies.
Next to choose my images for my twinchies… I chose a Creative Stamping magazine travel themed stamp set.
After stamping I used my Prismacolour to add colour to them…
Then I did some fussy cutting…
Then I added the compass image onto each of the map pieces…
And arranged the pieces I had as focal images to check I was happy with them before adhering them and in the case of the signpost snipping off the extra bit.
I decided that the words needed some more emphasis so tool leftover of the alcohol ink panel and mounted them onto this and then jobs a good’un!!!
Super happy with my map themed twinchies… And hope the recipient likes them too!
Ok I might have taken a little licence with this theme…
The theme for day 5 (I listed all the themes in November so I could tick them off as I did them!) was Elf!
I actually ended up making cards with gnomes rather than elves! Ooops! Hope you forgive me.
I love the alcohol ink background I made and the way each panel looks different from each other even though using the same products.
And I adore the gnomes… So cute!
Love the fresh colours I used and quite happy with my colouring.
And here is the video for today’s makes.
Yes I am blogging about a fail… but it turned out fine in the end.
I had grabbed a piece of Yupo that I and already added alcohol ink and foiling to and decided to play with the alcohol lift ink to create a panel for a card… and finish with a piece that had the image in white…. errrm… nope! Not exactly sure why but the ink lifted from the panel and stamped onto the porous surface but then didn’t remove the colour … so instead I decided on a different approach. I kept trying with the lift ink but all that happened was a very subtle difference in the background and so then I heat embossed the image instead.
The panel I had been stamping onto I then added distress oxide to and did lots of splashes of water to distress it.
And the end result was fab, albeit nothing at all like I had planned!
Ah well… you win some… and you win some others! Ha ha ha!
A few weeks ago I experimented with the new ranger alcohol lift ink and I made a panel with the Visible Image guitarist stamp and some of the star stamps.
Well I’ve finished the card off now!
I ended up embossing in black the stamped image over the lift ink to make him clearer but I absolutely adore the stars and the stamped off version of those stars on the right hand side. This ink is so clever!
Hope you like this as much as I do!