Alcohol Inks, Alcohol lift-ink, Dies, Distress oxide ink

Alcohol lift ink fail

Yes I am blogging about a fail… but it turned out fine in the end.

I had grabbed a piece of Yupo that I and already added alcohol ink and foiling to and decided to play with the alcohol lift ink to create a panel for a card… and finish with a piece that had the image in white…. errrm… nope! Not exactly sure why but the ink lifted from the panel and stamped onto the porous surface but then didn’t remove the colour … so instead I decided on a different approach. I kept trying with the lift ink but all that happened was a very subtle difference in the background and so then I heat embossed the image instead.

The panel I had been stamping onto I then added distress oxide to and did lots of splashes of water to distress it.

And the end result was fab, albeit nothing at all like I had planned!

Ah well… you win some… and you win some others! Ha ha ha!

Happy crafting!


Alcohol Inks, Alcohol lift-ink, Visible Image

Alcohol lift ink card finished off

A few weeks ago I experimented with the new ranger alcohol lift ink and I made a panel with the Visible Image guitarist stamp and some of the star stamps.

Well I’ve finished the card off now!

I ended up embossing in black the stamped image over the lift ink to make him clearer but I absolutely adore the stars and the stamped off version of those stars on the right hand side. This ink is so clever!

Hope you like this as much as I do!

Happy crafting!


Alcohol lift-ink, Distress oxide ink, Ellen Vargo, Hot Picks, Masks/Stencils

Swap distress oxides tag

I made a tag for a swap with lots of layers and funny techniques… I started by using the Lift-ink to stamp with the alcohol inks and added this to the tag. Then I used the distress oxides over the whole tag. Next I used a stencil to add some more distress oxides.

I then stencilled the timeless on the side using another stencil (Seth Apter). Then I splashed some of the sparks paint on the top.

Next I collected together some papers and fabrics including one of the fabric stamped panels I did at the workshop in July. I used staples and some handsewing to then finish off.

Happy crafting!


Alcohol Inks, Alcohol lift-ink, Dies, Masks/Stencils, Sky's the Limit

Alcohol lift ink experiments

I unearthed the alcohol lift-ink experiments I made a week or so ago and made one into a card.

I love the pattern and details in the panel. I added a few mounts and the sentiment and then added some patterned papers below. The bottom layer I received as a gift in a swap and kept it as it was so pretty and it was calling out to be used for this card. The other I added some stencilling using a stencil brush.

I decided it needed a die cut so used the little hot air balloon and then card candi to finish off.

Happy crafting!


Alcohol lift-ink, Awesomely artistic, Baked Texture embossing powder, Darcy, Foiling, For My Family, Hot Picks, YouTube video

Alcohol lift-ink experiments

I’ve got the new alcohol lift-ink from Ranger and made a rather lengthy experiment video … here it is!

And here are the two cards I made by the end of the video…

Both rather difficult to photograph … but hopefully you can see what I made…

Love the lift-ink… think it opens up so many more options with alcohol ink backgrounds and of course with multicoloured stamping. Very very happy with my playtime.

Will share, of course, the other experimental pieces once they get made into something.

Happy crafting!